Premier League Thread - Page 3007 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
no idea where the truth lays in terms of wages but the Sanchez swap deal seems like a good one for both clubs and players.

if United add some more steal in this window maybe Jose can dull and luck his way to another CL
sounds like both teams and players win as Arsenal get a £30m player in return for a guy who was gone in 6 months and United move out a player Jose had lost confidence in and brought in a game changer if he allows him to play.

one issue for United if the salary is close to what's been reported is the knock-on if others now feel under paid.

City have just tied up the best player in the league KDB on a £265k a week deal which keeps there wage structure where they want it.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
sounds like both teams and players win as Arsenal get a £30m player in return for a guy who was gone in 6 months and United move out a player Jose had lost confidence in and brought in a game changer if he allows him to play.

one issue for United if the salary is close to what's been reported is the knock-on if others now feel under paid.

City have just tied up the best player in the league KDB on a £265k a week deal which keeps there wage structure where they want it.
i suppose they will play the card that they got him at a discount and paid him a bit like a FA.
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Hall of Fame

For this year at least, the view that Sanchez' wages are off set by the removal of Mkhi's is true. It was unlikely they would have shifted Mkhi in January other than via this swap deal. Nor would they have recouped the £27m+ they shelled out on him in the summer if they did manage to sell him, even before next season.

As long as teams can operate within the fair play system then the money is irrelevant really. As we know Utd generate a boatload of money. They can spend it as they wish.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
For this year at least, the view that Sanchez' wages are off set by the removal of Mkhi's is true. It was unlikely they would have shifted Mkhi in January other than via this swap deal. Nor would they have recouped the £27m+ they shelled out on him in the summer if they did manage to sell him, even before next season.

As long as teams can operate within the fair play system then the money is irrelevant really. As we know Utd generate a boatload of money. They can spend it as they wish.
also Zlatan's wages should come off the books next season.the Mirror had a headline yesterday that Pogba would be asking for a new deal now to get him near the £25m Sanchez is rumoured to be earning now.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
also Zlatan's wages should come off the books next season.the Mirror had a headline yesterday that Pogba would be asking for a new deal now to get him near the £25m Sanchez is rumoured to be earning now.
Which wouldn't come as a huge surprise.

Shame there isn't an NFL-style easily accessible list of all PL player wages, one that you could trust to be true.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; Yesterday at 09:27 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Which wouldn't come as a hug surprise.

Shame there isn't an NFL-style easily accessible list of all PL player wages, one that you could trust to be true.
I just find it odd that they still talk about wages "per week". Like they were factory workers or something who get paid weekly so they can better manage their money. £265k per week!
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I just find it odd that they still talk about wages "per week". Like they were factory workers or something who get paid weekly so they can better manage their money. £265k per week!
Is it just an English football thing? I mean do Europeans talk about football contracts the same way? Same goes for other sports (Europe or otherwise), not sure if Rugby for example talk about wages as a per week thing, although wages aren't talked about as much.

Obviously US sports tend to talk about the value of the entire contract.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Is it just an English football thing? I mean do Europeans talk about football contracts the same way? Same goes for other sports (Europe or otherwise), not sure if Rugby for example talk about wages as a per week thing, although wages aren't talked about as much.

Obviously US sports tend to talk about the value of the entire contract.
People don't tend to talk about weekly pay on the continent at all. Or annual for that matter. People say "I earn €2,000" - that means per month. If you said "I'm on £30k" they'd think you were very rich indeed! But I think you're on the right lines with rugby, they don't seem to talk about wages as much in other countries. I also noticed the same with transfers when I lived in Germany and read Kicker - they would always talk about how long the contract was long before anything about a transfer price would be mentioned. Maybe that is changing.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
All Pro

Liverpool follow up a win against Man City with a loss to Swansea...

Tags
better than istanbul , cardiff are going down , crystanbul , dumb predictions r us , joses always crying , rodgersspecalistinfailure , sunderland are cheats , swansea are going down. , swansea town=down , team news spies , the fix is in , utd fans = easy targets