2018 offseason thread - free agency, draft, random arrests etc - Page 205 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2041  
Old 17.08.2018, 04:29 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Location: Letchworth
Posts: 22,461
Default

Patriots’ 1st round OL Isaiah Wynn is out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2042  
Old 17.08.2018, 05:20 PM
Stu_T's Avatar
Stu_T Stu_T is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.08.2014
Location: Go Ducks!!!
Posts: 8,979
Default

Strongly disagree on the Jarvis Landry being an idiot comment that I have lost so can't quote. Yeah the bless'em got annoying after a while but with his speech I thought it was a case of him taking on a leadership role with WR's because he's clearly the best one out there and I respect that.
Reply With Quote
  #2043  
Old 17.08.2018, 05:21 PM
AfcBOli27's Avatar
AfcBOli27 AfcBOli27 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 31.08.2013
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
a tad gutted that we didnt want him.


he seems like he would be a good fit with Eli, he needs a QB willing to risk the ball and trust him to make the play.



Dez lacks that pace he used to have but if you toss it up there he will go and get it.



Dak likes to throw to open guys in a safe manner.
1. cap space and the money Dez wanted/is looking for. Still look light in the secondary especially depth at corner which imo would be the bigger priority.
2. him in the wr corps with Odell would be a media frenzy as soon as something went wrong eg losing to the Jags week one (though they are a good team). We had a bad enough circus from the media this offseason about OBJs contract (still waiting for that holdout they promised). OBJ seems to have matured a little this offseason and i doubt that would have been the case if he had Dez (a mate of his) for company.
Reply With Quote
  #2044  
Old 17.08.2018, 05:38 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Location: Charlton
Posts: 26,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
1. cap space and the money Dez wanted/is looking for. Still look light in the secondary especially depth at corner which imo would be the bigger priority.
2. him in the wr corps with Odell would be a media frenzy as soon as something went wrong eg losing to the Jags week one (though they are a good team). We had a bad enough circus from the media this offseason about OBJs contract (still waiting for that holdout they promised). OBJ seems to have matured a little this offseason and i doubt that would have been the case if he had Dez (a mate of his) for company.



not sure about the exact contract but it sounds like he was willing to take something low end to stay in the East.


i also dont care about the media.
Reply With Quote
  #2045  
Old 17.08.2018, 06:42 PM
AfcBOli27's Avatar
AfcBOli27 AfcBOli27 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 31.08.2013
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
not sure about the exact contract but it sounds like he was willing to take something low end to stay in the East.


i also dont care about the media.
I doubt he is willing to take near vet minimum.
I dont particularly care for the media but it seeps into any conversation you have with other fans as its amongst what they read/hear on a daily/weekly basis.
Reply With Quote
  #2046  
Old 17.08.2018, 09:42 PM
Lonestar1963's Avatar
Lonestar1963 Lonestar1963 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 28.09.2014
Location: City of Tribes
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Patriots’ 1st round OL Isaiah Wynn is out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon...
Huge blow for the Pats with Cannon injured as well
Reply With Quote
  #2047  
Old 18.08.2018, 04:34 AM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Location: Black Hole
Posts: 15,140
Default

A.J. McCarron has a broken collarbone. Josh Allen is going to start Week 1.
Reply With Quote
  #2048  
Old 18.08.2018, 06:25 AM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Location: https://twitter.com/_jammer_/
Posts: 4,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
A.J. McCarron has a broken collarbone.
agent brent moving in for the kill

Reply With Quote
  #2049  
Old 18.08.2018, 07:59 AM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Location: Black Hole
Posts: 15,140
Default

The 2018 Record and Fact Book

https://nflcommunications.com/Docume...20(8.6.18).pdf
Reply With Quote
  #2050  
Old 18.08.2018, 11:16 AM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
A.J. McCarron has a broken collarbone. Josh Allen is going to start Week 1.
Highly unlikely in my view. Peterman has been better, both in camp and games. They don't want to start Allen, that's clear and with questions about the O line, it makes little sense to start Allen immediately.

Allen has progressed a lot better than I expected, which shows the value of NFL coaching, but having watched both pre season games, there is no way Allen should start week 1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 03:52 AM.