Manning fitness - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Old 20.08.2011, 06:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Manning's replacement isn't in college right now, he is in high school, with the new deal and a general lack of punishment through his early years, manning is poised to go through the entire 5 year deal.
I wish I had the same faith.

Peyton's streak of games is terrific, but we've also been incredibly lucky that he hasn't sustained any kind of injury so far. The neck issue is a little worrying: last season was the first time I felt that his physical skills were showing signs of diminishing, although in retrospect that may have been the neck being troublesome.

Also, Manning and I are the same age and (ahem) virtual body doubles . . . if he feels 5% as decrepit as I do, he's knackered!

Painter doesn't look up to the job and seems to be regressing. Orlovsky's not a functional backup for us for any length of time, so we're without a #2 option if #18 goes down.
Old 20.08.2011, 06:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Irsay claims you may need to sign a Vet for the first game or two of the regular season.

I am not buying it, Peyton will be under center and the media will lap it up and claim he is amazing to overcome an injury in such fine manner.

I think the Colts are trying to get their first opponent to relax and think they will face a Manningless Colts team.

But lets say Peyton misses the first two games.................who do you Colts fans want to start those two games?

Painter?
Kerry Collins?
Favre?
Dennis Dixon (available via trade)?
Old 21.08.2011, 12:22 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Irsay claims you may need to sign a Vet for the first game or two of the regular season.

I am not buying it, Peyton will be under center and the media will lap it up and claim he is amazing to overcome an injury in such fine manner.

I think the Colts are trying to get their first opponent to relax and think they will face a Manningless Colts team.

But lets say Peyton misses the first two games.................who do you Colts fans want to start those two games?

Painter?
Kerry Collins?
Favre?
Dennis Dixon (available via trade)?

Two of those guys are retired and when was the last time the colts made a noteworthy trade?
Irsay also tweeted(about a week ago):

'Well,in Coltsland we review last nites game..we never have carried VetQBs 4 cap reasons,so preseason wins wane against Vets/Feeley-Bradford'

And:
'Whether we sign another QB,which u guys have asked about,is a good ?..the answer is,dunno yet,but candidates r limited n cap space little'

Thats not to say that we cant try to make room, but I reckon if it isn't Peyton, then it's Painter.
Old 21.08.2011, 10:53 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah that's what's going on here - he could have been practising weeks ago but instead they're intentially hindering the team so he can receive media adulation
Old 22.08.2011, 01:00 AM
All Pro

you guys really need to take your owner's twitter privileges away

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 24.08.2011, 05:21 PM
Team Captain

Kerry Collins has just been signed, quite a few people saw this coming.
Old 25.08.2011, 03:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18to88 View Post
Kerry Collins has just been signed, quite a few people saw this coming.
More like he saw you coming
Old 25.08.2011, 03:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
Mannings going to play for at least 5 more year, i dont see the point in drafting a guy and making him sit for 3-4 years
No, dont know why the pack drafted aaron rodgers either to sit for 3 years.
Old 25.08.2011, 08:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsfan93 View Post
Yeah that's what's going on here - he could have been practising weeks ago but instead they're intentially hindering the team so he can receive media adulation
It is called Spin doesnt mean it is remotely true or fair.

It isnt hindering the team if he plays all 16 games that matter.

In fact it could help because it showed that Painter is not the answer if Manning ever misses a start.
Old 25.08.2011, 11:38 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
It isnt hindering the team if he plays all 16 games that matter.

In fact it could help because it showed that Painter is not the answer if Manning ever misses a start.
You seem to have an agenda with Manning so let's leave interpretation of media coverage to one side, but you think that if he was in fact capable of it, having him not practise for even a week before the first game of the season is a good idea just to get their first opponent to 'relax'?

The Painter thing is maybe a happy coincidence but frankly I doubt there were many people who expected him to ever amount to anything anyway but if this has confirmed it then maybe we should indeed be thankful for small mercies.