IF there's ever a London team... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Old 24.10.2015, 08:06 AM
Team Captain

Default IF there's ever a London team...

...would anyone here (Pats fan) really go to all or most of the home games and root for the home team?

I certainly wouldn't, but I'd pick and choose the games if there was ever a good matchup on the cards.

Of course, there's always the possibility they play the Pats at home once a year

I'd also prefer if the team was based in Birmingham - but that's selfish as it's only a 5hr drive instead of 8hrs for me (no way I'd do the 8hrs though). Birmingham's also a one day job whereas London's a train + 1 or 2 nights in a hotel as we do/did for the Wembley games.
Old 24.10.2015, 11:51 AM
Pro Bowler

Maybe they'll do a stadium share with Raith Rovers, that'd be a short drive (and a tiny crowd)

I might go to an occasional game (same as I've done going to an IS game every 3-4 seasons) but I'd be going as a neutral. Unless they were playing the Patriots in which case I'd be going as a Patriots fan.

Not sure who would be meant to support a London franchise other than new NFL fans. Are we meant to stop supporting the teams we've chosen because one has moved closer?
Old 24.10.2015, 12:34 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbrae View Post
Maybe they'll do a stadium share with Raith Rovers, that'd be a short drive (and a tiny crowd)

I might go to an occasional game (same as I've done going to an IS game every 3-4 seasons) but I'd be going as a neutral. Unless they were playing the Patriots in which case I'd be going as a Patriots fan.

Not sure who would be meant to support a London franchise other than new NFL fans. Are we meant to stop supporting the teams we've chosen because one has moved closer?
Ha - there would be more people on the sidelines of an NFL game than Rovers get as weekly crowds. Watching the ball boys and chain crews would also be infinitely more entertaining!
Old 24.10.2015, 03:20 PM
Pro Bowler

I really have no interest at all in a franchise in London/UK .
As i am a Patriots fan have been for 30 plus years , id rather save the money going up to London for the season and fly out to Boston and catch one game in Foxboro
Old 24.10.2015, 03:41 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapEd View Post
I really have no interest at all in a franchise in London/UK .
As i am a Patriots fan have been for 30 plus years , id rather save the money going up to London for the season and fly out to Boston and catch one game in Foxboro
Exactly my thoughts. Except we're hoping to get 2 games in next year on consecutive weekends or a Sunday then Thursday - although Thursday night games at Gillette are a right pain.

(My Patriots 30th anniversary is next summer )
Old 24.10.2015, 04:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Going to Foxboro next month for the first time to see the Bills game, can't wait. Don't imagine could ever get up the same enthusiasm to go see the London Whatevers.
Old 25.10.2015, 07:57 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Going to Foxboro next month for the first time to see the Bills game, can't wait. Don't imagine could ever get up the same enthusiasm to go see the London Whatevers.
You staying in Boston? It's a great city and we can't wait to get back there again next year for a fortnight.

You also need to try to get out to the stadium really early and take in the Hall, pro-shop and some tailgating fun :-)
Old 25.10.2015, 09:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Yeah in Boston for 8 days, going to go out to Foxboro during on my birthday (non match day) to have a look and check out the Hall and the shop. Go in early on the match day too.

Got tickets for Celtics vs Mavericks atTD Garden too, though I've never watched any basketball
Old 26.10.2015, 09:40 AM
Starter

I managed to get over for a few days to watch the Sox last year but don't know that I'll ever get over for a Pats game, way more expensive.

I would still go to Wembley and root for the home team unless they were playing the Pats, but I can't say I would be there often as I can really only afford to do one weekend in London a year.
Old 30.10.2015, 12:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:

Ha Ha The London Whatevers actually has a ring to it!