Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 376 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 16.01.2011, 11:16 AM
Team Captain

I've a bad feeling about today...hope I'm wrong
Old 16.01.2011, 02:54 PM
Starter

I know this sounds arrogant (and obvious) but if we can't beat the Seahawks we don't deserve to be anywhere near the Championship game.

We've done fantastically well this season considering how most people expected us to be challenging the Lions for 3rd in the Division, but not beating an average team at home with so much at stake is unforgivable. We'll had essentially fallen at the first hurdle, which is why I don't think we should be too hasty when offering Lovie a new deal.

With the way we've played in some games this season, it really wouldn't be a surprise if we screw up tonight. But, with due respect to the Seahawks, unless we do implode we should get the W.
Old 16.01.2011, 03:03 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaz View Post
What are the chances of the ownership splashing out on the best defensive player in the free agency market 2 years running? A lock down corner would be such an addition.
Our system doesn't really need an elite lockdown CB (although having one would obviously be nice).
Consistent pressure from the line is more important, which is where I think we'll look in the draft and free agency.
Ray Edwards from the Vikings was a name I'd heard mentioned. It'll be interesting to see how Wootton progresses, because the staff have high hopes for him. Him and Toeina inside him could turn out to be two great finds.

Peppers has proved that FA can be successful if who you bring in can play in the system, and wants to play hard instead of just chasing the $$$.

Obviously an O lineman or two is a possibility. I find it hard to believe there isnt someone out there better than Frank 'The Gate' Omiyale. This Johnson kid looks promising. But then again I think I would in that group, and I'm 31!
Old 16.01.2011, 08:06 PM
Rookie

Looking like we're going to get a nice win today - ofc Bears could throw it all away in last quarter...
Old 16.01.2011, 08:36 PM
Starter

That INT from Forte was absolutely needless.

Stupid call.
Old 16.01.2011, 08:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
I've a bad feeling about today...hope I'm wrong
yep..........
Old 16.01.2011, 09:13 PM
Rookie

It's possible that next weeks game against the Packers will be better than the Super Bowl
Old 17.01.2011, 10:49 AM
Starter

Well, with the Pats gone, I don't look at any of the teams left with the same fear.
Not saying we're going to win it all but I feel much happier about our chances
Old 17.01.2011, 12:25 PM
All Pro

The O-line has taken deserved criticism most of the season but last night they should be given the game ball (fried of course, with assorted fried side-dishes), the only time they looked vulnerable was when Martz couldn't resist playing from the Shotgun at end of the half. Smith needs to breath a little fire in to Martz ear for that and the ridiculous mess from the Wildcat nonsense.

How to beat the Packers then?

Simple really, you keep the ball away from Arron Rogers for as long as possible and have an immense game from Special Teams.

...and play pretty damn well everywhere else too!

We ran the ball well against them a couple of weeks ago, then went away from the run completely (which failed badly); either Martz was having a Martz-moment or the Bears ticked a can-do box then kept that quality for when it counts (which is what I thought at the time).

What a great game in prospect though. Bragging rights for another couple of decades? Oh My!
Old 17.01.2011, 12:48 PM
All Pro

Forte really has been impressive this season, I mean I am shocked but the guy really is pretty damn good. Sometime he is a bit too patient imo but the amount of guys he is making miss this season is crazy and he is fighting for yards really well too.

I can't really be bothered to say anything else but we really were a different class from Seattle.

Can't. Wait. For. Sunday. Screw the rest of the week, nothing else matters to me now. I am already pumped for the game, think I may explode by sunday.