Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 222 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 19.12.2008, 08:30 AM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadesaregood View Post
No pressure on us Swervy, we aren't expected to win the division, it's yours to lose.
have alook who you are playing this week..the Packers!!!! in a must win situation....that is pressure!

You are trying to avoid getting swept by your arch rival AND stay in the playoff hunt
Old 19.12.2008, 09:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervedriver View Post
have alook who you are playing this week..the Packers!!!! in a must win situation....that is pressure!

You are trying to avoid getting swept by your arch rival AND stay in the playoff hunt
Wow !!! As if I didn't know who we were playing ? Tut tut.

As I said, we aren't expected to win the division, the pressure is all on you !!!
Old 19.12.2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Well to be fair I think if you are in the race for the playoffs in Week 16 then every game is a pressure game. I don't think the fact it is against Green Bay really matters especially now they are out of it.

I don't see that any one team has less pressure than the other if you want to make the playoffs both Chicago and Minnesota must keep winning. Obviously, the Vikings have the edge in terms of their record but the also have the more difficult games to finish the season. If the Vikings beat the Falcons then fair play to them they deserve to win.
Old 19.12.2008, 11:18 AM
All Pro

Quote:
dont worry, I think the Bears are under more pressure to win this week than the Vikings
Not really. Serving for the match is always the hardest point to win. If the Vikings deserve to win the division they will get it done at home on Sunday. If you can't dominate on the ground you will likely lose.
Old 19.12.2008, 02:16 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
dont worry, I think the Bears are under more pressure to win this week than the Vikings
We may not be under any pressure at all, seeing as our game comes Monday night. By that time it may all be done and dusted.

Vikes will be under pressure to win as they play before us, come Monday night then the spotlight moves.
Old 20.12.2008, 12:09 PM
All Pro

Ok fellas....

The debate around Chicago at the mo seems to be whether Orton is capable of being the franchise QB. What do we all think?

Personally, I think with more quality (even just one legitimate threat out wide) he is worth sticking with.
Old 20.12.2008, 12:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dux783 View Post
Ok fellas....

The debate around Chicago at the mo seems to be whether Orton is capable of being the franchise QB. What do we all think?

Personally, I think with more quality (even just one legitimate threat out wide) he is worth sticking with.
As we can't just magic a Peyton Manning out of thin air I would agree; what we need is better players around him.

Before his injury I was very pleased with his play; he hasn't looked good since though. The question really for me is this: Was he just in a peek period or will we find out he has continued playing with an worse injury than was though, hampering his play. Also have our opponents simply taken away the routes that our receivers were capable of running effectively; hampering further the way Orton is playing.

Either way we will need a new no.2 that can throw short accurate efficient passes next season.
Old 20.12.2008, 12:56 PM
All Pro

We are gunna stick with him until next season. I personally think his ceiling has been seen already sadly this season. The most we could expect from Orton at his best is a good/average game manager, he still hasn't developed a deep ball and never will really.

If we can improve our Oline then yes i think he could be a capable starter for a few years but a franchise QB? No
Old 20.12.2008, 01:21 PM
All Pro

Agreed... but he is the best "game manager" we have had in a few years... and definitely worth sticking with... 1 elite WR (Boldin please ) and a young gun in the draft would suit me...

Just another thought... what is wrong with Earl Bennett... i cant believe he hasnt even (iirc) lined up at WR at all this season... he must be worth a shot to see what he has got...
Old 20.12.2008, 01:25 PM
All Pro

Marvin Harrison?