Holmes or Edwards - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 28.01.2011, 07:46 PM
All Pro

Default Holmes or Edwards

I still don't get why but there has been a lot of talk that we can't keep both for next season .
If it is the case who do you keep and why?
Old 28.01.2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know if it's at all possible or why it wouldn't be but I really, really want us to keep both players for next season. I lost count of the number of clutch plays Holmes made for us this season (game winning TD vs Cleveland, catch and run to set up winning FG against Detroit, game winning TD vs Houston, THAT catch against the Patriots in the Div. Playoff to name but four) while Edwards was a lot more consistent this season and is our top deep threat. Imo we have to do whatever it takes to keep them both....
Old 28.01.2011, 08:03 PM
MVP

We can keep both. I think we keep both. Dont know why its being made into a one or other... Until the Salary cap is settled nothing is known but I get the feeling both are loving being a Jet and will make it work.

I hope we also keep Smith. To be honest I like our WR's but Id love a rookie to come in too just to liven it all up.
Old 29.01.2011, 11:25 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
We can keep both. I think we keep both. Dont know why its being made into a one or other... Until the Salary cap is settled nothing is known but I get the feeling both are loving being a Jet and will make it work.

I hope we also keep Smith. To be honest I like our WR's but Id love a rookie to come in too just to liven it all up.
i fully agree with all, but if i had to choose i think i would get rookie in and keep Holmes, just has always consistently been big play man, through career. just edges it for me
Old 29.01.2011, 04:38 PM
All Pro

I read last night that Edwards has only dropped one pass all season. Holmes has had a few. The one against Miami sticks out in my mind, that would have won us the game. Does this change anyones opinion on Holmes vs Edwards?

I'm starting to become more and more hopeful we can keep both of them.