2018 Draft - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 06.02.2018, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
This is a really good DT class. There isn't a top 10 pick in the list, but in the 2nd half the 1st round you have some great players.

Hurst, Vea, Payne, Bryan take your pick.....
Aint so sure its a really good class tbh, havnt seen much to impress
Sponsored Links
Old 08.03.2018, 06:44 PM
All Pro

Think the Boys need to play it safe this draft, Smith was a huge gamble, which may or may not pay off.They may be hoping Rico Gathers is the answer at TE so cant see them drafting one first round. Daron Payne? doubt he drops, but like him a lot.LG? Cooper is a FA, has he done enough to pin it down? I,m still a Price fan and the chances are hes going to be around for first pick, BUT looking very thin on the ground at WR too, although again, taking a chance on one first round is a risk this yr.
Old 08.03.2018, 07:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Think the Boys need to play it safe this draft, Smith was a huge gamble, which may or may not pay off.They may be hoping Rico Gathers is the answer at TE so cant see them drafting one first round. Daron Payne? doubt he drops, but like him a lot.LG? Cooper is a FA, has he done enough to pin it down? I,m still a Price fan and the chances are hes going to be around for first pick, BUT looking very thin on the ground at WR too, although again, taking a chance on one first round is a risk this yr.
For a team with its fair share of young talent it certainly feels like they have holes to fill doesn't it.

As you say the Smith pick has kind of left more questions than answers at this stage. The coaching staff don't value interior D line either it would seem. Then there is Dez and where we'll stand a week or two from now.

I think Billy Price would always have been there at 19, the question is will he now be there at 50? Everything is a 'gamble' in the draft too, what you percieved to be safe can sometimes turn out to be the furthest thing from it.
Old 10.03.2018, 10:02 AM
All Pro

Then there is the prob at LB... Hitchens will prob go along with Wilber, which leaves Sean Lee(who will prob get dinked at some point and miss games) Jaylon Smith(we know the situation there) other than that, its hardly inspiring! I can see the Colts maybe coming in for Hitchens. With a low cap space do we look at LB again first pick?
Old 10.03.2018, 10:11 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then there is the prob at LB... Hitchens will prob go along with Wilber, which leaves Sean Lee(who will prob get dinked at some point and miss games) Jaylon Smith(we know the situation there) other than that, its hardly inspiring! I can see the Colts maybe coming in for Hitchens. With a low cap space do we look at LB again first pick?
Unless they move I dont see LB and their draft position matching up in the 1st this year. Hitchens will leave. Wilbur will remain, they could purge the roster and he'd still remain, he's a part of the furniture despite never starting!

Looking a their draft history, unless one of the top LB's drops unexpectedly, they won't draft a LB inside the top 100 this year.
Old 10.03.2018, 10:27 AM
All Pro

Big question is-do they re-sign Ladouceur? Heres one to throw in-we grab Solder at RT and shift Collins back to LG?
Old 10.03.2018, 12:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Big question is-do they re-sign Ladouceur? Heres one to throw in-we grab Solder at RT and shift Collins back to LG?
I'll be honest......when it comes to long snappers I have no idea! (I'd re-sign him though if he wants to stay)

Can't afford Solder. I wondered last year whether we should have taken Ramczyk instead of Taco and shifted Collins back to LG. Too early to tell what Taco can become but at this stage it might have been the better move. As it is, they paid Collins to be their RT so he ain't moving anywhere. I expect they'll let Cooper/Bell test the open market then bring back the cheapest one or another Free Agent instead.
Old 22.03.2018, 10:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Picking at #19 in rd1 is a nightmare (that win over the Eagles was well worth it ).

In our mock some great non-QB talent is within reach after the top 10 picks thanks to the QB scramble, but from #11-18 it all starts to evaporate. Unless you are willing to give up a 2nd or a 3rd to move up several spots (if teams are even willing to trade away from the talent) then most of the Cowboys board will get wiped out i'd imagine.

They better be willing to take an offensive lineman at #19 imo because that might be the best player on their board.
Old 25.03.2018, 08:33 PM
All Pro

Heres a diddly! Cowboys trade up to take Nelson? would cost a lot but maybe...
Old 25.03.2018, 09:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Heres a diddly! Cowboys trade up to take Nelson? would cost a lot but maybe...
It would cost a lot.......too much. They'd have to get up to #7 or #8, that's probably costing next years 1st. No matter how good (good!) it would be to have Nelson and Martin as our starting guards it just isn't going to happen. If they gave up that type of capital it would be for a Bradley Chubb, and even then I cant see it happening.

Looking at how our mock is playing out i'd be a big fan of trading back to the end of the round and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd. I don't think they'd be fortunate enough to land someone like Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez but Billy Price or Connor Williams might be there. The year they drafted Travis Frederick they traded back to #31 and added an extra 3rd round pick which they used on a WR (T.Williams). Is it too much of a stretch to see them doing exactly that again? The sweet spot for O linemen from this draft might be the end of the 1st, and the depth of WR means a fair few should last into round 3.