New York Jets Thread - Page 783 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 23.01.2018, 04:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Cousins would definitely be my first choice, and there's few (if any) teams that could outbid us for him. Whether he'd want to come here is another story.

Of the rookie QBs, I'm firmly on the Josh Rosen bandwagon. Not much chance he slips to #6 though, so we'd likely need to trade up to get him...
Agreed on both points, not seen much of Rosen but from what I read that assessment seems logical.

Surely with Eagles and Vikes having such success with back up/3rd string QBs.. we will open our eyes and options...

I don't see Foles or at least 1 of the three vikes QBs being there next year so I honestly believe there will be options -

None would be as big as risks as the FA QBs in the last few years - having Playoff success is also never a bad thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.01.2018, 06:23 PM
All Pro

Rosen is definitely the plug and play draft option. He's unlikely to bust imo. Other draft options are potentially better in the long run, but also much bigger risks. I don't think I'm breaking the bank for Cousins, but I would definitely explore the option extensively. I don't think any of the other FA options are great, but there's potentially a couple there who are bottom of the barrel franchise QBs. With a really good team behind them you might have a shot at winning with them. Foles is interesting. I've always been a fan but he's under contract next year and I wouldn't trade anything of significance for him. I'd prefer him to Bradford, Keenum, etc. but still he's in that bottom tier of guys who might give you a shot really.

Other than Cousins I'm not sure any of the potential FA options should preclude drafting a QB as pretty much anyone but Rosen needs to sit. I like Falk as a mid round option if we keep a WCO type scheme. Not a great arm but everything else is way up there. He could end up being really good.

But if they really like one of the QBs then they have to draft them. Sure you might miss but it is the most important position on the field and if you think a guy has it - whatever that is - then you have to take a risk.
Old 24.01.2018, 02:00 PM
Starter

Outside of QB what other FA's would people like us to make a run at. Looking through the list (which obviously could change when teams sign up their own as for e.g I don't expect Bell to still be there) players that could realistically be there I would like:

Trumaine Johnson,
Allen Robinson
Ja'Wuan James
Trey Burton
Cameron Flemming

And would also look to sign up all our top FA's (Davis, Clairborne, Sef-Jenkins, Ealy and McCown - all be it as not the starter next year)

Knowing the Jets tho I would imagine we will have Sheldon back only to be banned by the NFL for something a few games in
Old 24.01.2018, 02:13 PM
All Pro

Personally I'd be looking at the younger FAs - Fuller, Breeland, Jensen, Robinson, Gaines, Lawrence. All 25-27 coming into prime and should be able to contribute for years to come. Any older players need to be treated as stop gaps and paid accordingly.

I wouldn't be in a rush to commit to Claiborne personally. There's a lot of FA CBs out there this year and it's possible we can get 2 better than him, especially if you factor in his injury history.

Last edited by Jetupandgo; 24.01.2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 24.01.2018, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2312 View Post
Outside of QB what other FA's would people like us to make a run at. Looking through the list (which obviously could change when teams sign up their own as for e.g I don't expect Bell to still be there) players that could realistically be there I would like:

Trumaine Johnson,
Allen Robinson
Ja'Wuan James
Trey Burton
Cameron Flemming

And would also look to sign up all our top FA's (Davis, Clairborne, Sef-Jenkins, Ealy and McCown - all be it as not the starter next year)

Knowing the Jets tho I would imagine we will have Sheldon back only to be banned by the NFL for something a few games in
Johnson and Robinson would be good pickups, I'd also be interested in Tyler Eifert if he became available. Top 5 TE in the league imo when healthy, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if Cincinnati let him walk because of his injury history.

Would really like us to find an edge rusher, but not sure there's anyone there who fits the bill. Lawrence or Ansah are potential FA's, but could either of them play 3-4 OLB?
Old 25.01.2018, 08:42 AM
Starter

I like Eifert as well but think he is just too big an injury risk to commit any real money to him. If and a big IF the Bengals released him and he was to agree to a 1 year prove it deal then I would definately sign him up similar to how we did with Clairborne this season.

I do think though Burton could be an excellent reasonably priced pickup at TE and is poised to break out but unlikely to at Philly with Ertz also there so could have some motivation to leave after this seasons superbowl run.

I think a mix of Burton and Jenkins with Tomlinson as our blocking TE would certainly shore up that area of the field for a good few years.
Old 27.01.2018, 12:33 PM
All Pro

Thoughts on us hiring Dennison as OL coach and run game coordinator as Schefter reports? He's experienced and has worked with Bates before so a good indicator that's our man for OC. Both come out of the Shanahan tree. I hope its more of a focus on correct blocking and working as a unit to open up running lanes rather than a you call the runs, I'll call the passes type arrangement.
Old 27.01.2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Thoughts on us hiring Dennison as OL coach and run game coordinator as Schefter reports? He's experienced and has worked with Bates before so a good indicator that's our man for OC. Both come out of the Shanahan tree. I hope its more of a focus on correct blocking and working as a unit to open up running lanes rather than a you call the runs, I'll call the passes type arrangement.
I'd be ok with that, think he's better suited to that role than he was as an OC. Bates seems to be all but confirmed as OC now. Would have liked Haley, but at least this gives us some continuity.
Old 11.02.2018, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Reports going around that Robby Anderson has been charged with traffic-related violations on 10 different occasions since 2014:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/0...mpression=true

How does he still have a license??!!
Old 14.02.2018, 10:18 PM
Starter

Cousins?
For me it's a yes.