Trips to Tampa - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sponsored Links

Old 12.01.2012, 08:26 AM
All Pro

Default Trips to Tampa

Hi Guys (and possibly gals).

I'm visiting the states for the first time in June next near and staying on International drive in Orlando.

I'm currently planning a day trip to Tampa so I can visit Raymond James Stadium and Tampa Bay Times Forum - Doubt I'll get time for Tropicana Field as it's in St.Petersburg.

Have any of you been before? I'm after any recommendations of places to go whilst there (bearing in mind it's only for the day - possibly two if needed). I'm a sucker for supporting teams of places I've been so I'll probably come back a Magic (already am kind of), Bucs, Lightning and Rays fan!!

Anyhoo, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.01.2012, 12:47 PM
All Pro

Tropicana Field isnt that much further if you are in a car Dave - easy to find too.
A place the BucsUK fans swear by is Selmons Restaurant up near RayJay Stadium. Not been myself yet but may be worth stopping there?
We stopped by One Buc Place last year and were allowed into the foyer / museum area for a look round; you may get lucky too if you swing by?
I've been down to the Times Forum as well for a Lightning game - dont remember much else being in the immediate area tbh....
Old 12.01.2012, 01:12 PM
Starter

This is the Bucs UK's guide to everything to do in the Tampa area.

http://www.bucpower.com/guide11-index.html

All of the stadium and facility tours as well as game tickets are for Bucs UK members only.
Old 12.01.2012, 03:11 PM
All Pro

Cheers for the replies. The Rays play 6 home games while Im there including fathers day so might do that! That's if i can keep a 2.5 year old entertained for the duration? $22 for outfield seats seems a bargain.

May have to give selmons restaurant a try too
Old 12.01.2012, 04:28 PM
All Pro

Its between the mets on 14th June or marlins on fathers day as they're both early starts. All others are evening games and it won't be fair on the little one. Excited is an understatement!!
Old 12.01.2012, 09:57 PM
Pro

When you turn off the highway towards the stadium there is a Walmart on the right that sells lads of Bucs gear at low prices. Guess it will be the same for the Rays in summer.

Not been to a Rays game but been to the Dodgers years ago and it is a great day out......but can't beat a NHL game in the US!
Old 13.01.2012, 01:37 PM
All Pro

We caught a Rays game up at Disneys Wide World of Sports vs Blue Jays - what a great evening sitting on the bleachers with the sun going down. Really good family atmosphere so well worth going to see them...
If you are staying up around the Disney area there is a great sports store, D i c k s Sporting Goods, just on the I4 junction from the 27....its at Posner Park Mall which has a load of other stores like Target, Sears and JC Penneys there. Superb selection of everything you can imagine at D i c k s, from playing equipment to fan merchandise....Walmart do a lot as JonFozz mentioned...cheap too.

Last edited by KingKosar; 13.01.2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 13.01.2012, 01:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
We caught a Rays game up at Disneys Wide World of Sports vs Blue Jays - what a great evening sitting on the bleachers with the sun going down. Really good family atmosphere so well worth going to see them...
If you are staying up around the Disney area there is a great sports store, D i c k s Sporting Goods, just on the I4 junction from the 27....its at Posner Park Mall which has a load of other stores like Target, Sears and JC Penneys there. Superb selection of everything you can imagine at D i c k s, from playing equipment to fan merchandise....Walmart do a lot as JonFozz mentioned...cheap too.
I'll look out for that mate thanks. (Not sure why/what has been starred out from your post though?!)

We're staying smack bang in the middle of International Drive. So roughly 1.5 hours from Tampa I think.

*edit* I get it now you've edited lol!!
Old 18.01.2012, 03:37 PM
All Pro

Been to Florida a number of times(before I became a Bucs fan though) so feel free to ask a few questions. I would recommend going to a Golden Corral at some stage. Around $12 all you can eat buffett and it is pretty tasty. Is it just one kid you have or do you have more? The 2 year old will obviously get a great kick out of Disney. The Florida Mall is a great spot for your shopping needs and Tampa has some great places too. Some quite near the stadium. Keep an eye out for what's on at Tampa Times Forum too.
Old 18.01.2012, 07:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer#95 View Post
Been to Florida a number of times(before I became a Bucs fan though) so feel free to ask a few questions. I would recommend going to a Golden Corral at some stage. Around $12 all you can eat buffett and it is pretty tasty. Is it just one kid you have or do you have more? The 2 year old will obviously get a great kick out of Disney. The Florida Mall is a great spot for your shopping needs and Tampa has some great places too. Some quite near the stadium. Keep an eye out for what's on at Tampa Times Forum too.
Yeah just the one child... she's financially draining enough for now!

Did you support anyone else before the bucs? Im a packers fan but now they're out the playoffs Im fully focused on Tampa lol. I can see myself supporting both after my trip then who knows what'll happen. Same with ice hockey. Im a rangers fan but i have a soft spot for the bolts already. And as Im going to a rays game it has to be them.

Did you hire a car? I was thinking hiring one for just 2-3 days while we have days out to downtown Orlando for amway centre and Tampa / st Petersburg. Then the hotel has a bus to all the parks (got a flexi ticket).

All you can eat for $12 sounds good to me!