Going to Tampa - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sponsored Links

Old 21.04.2013, 03:54 PM
Pro

Default Going to Tampa

Me and the wife are heading to Tampa in October for the Panthers Thursday night game -any suggestions on hotels, sights, etc.? Is it hot enough for the beach in October? Any ideas are much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.04.2013, 07:08 PM
All Pro

The Salvador Dali museum in nearby St Petersburg is fantastic.
Old 21.04.2013, 07:58 PM
Pro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
The Salvador Dali museum in nearby St Petersburg is fantastic.
Thanks, my wife has just completed an art degree so that would go down very well.
Old 22.04.2013, 11:22 AM
All Pro

Lee Roy Selmons restaurant just round the corner from the Ray Jay. You won't regret it
Old 22.04.2013, 06:49 PM
Starter

It's hot enough for the beach in January, you don't need to worry about that much.

If you are looking for more museums etc and are getting a car you could go down to Sarasota (less than an hour south) and hit the Ringling museum. Half of it is Circus Stuff (that's John Ringling of the Ringling Brothers, their winter quarters was in Sarasota for decades), the other half is the Italianate waterfront house and all the Art he and his wife collected (mostly Baroque).
Old 23.04.2013, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Check out the tampa aquarium, it's among the best I've seen. And you can chill at st Petersburg pier. If the shop is still there, and its your thing, buy some hot sauce
Old 29.04.2013, 12:23 PM
All Pro

If you don't mind quirky and spartan accommodation, Mrs Statto & I stayed at Gram's Place (grams-inn-tampa.com) which is quite near to the Ray Jay.

They don't do breakfast, but nearby is a proper US diner that does great breakfasts (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...a_Florida.html).

Ybor City is worth a visit, and we ate at a decent steakhouse there (www.carnechophouse.com).
Old 29.04.2013, 07:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statto00 View Post
If you don't mind quirky and spartan accommodation, Mrs Statto & I stayed at Gram's Place (grams-inn-tampa.com) which is quite near to the Ray Jay.

They don't do breakfast, but nearby is a proper US diner that does great breakfasts (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...a_Florida.html).

Ybor City is worth a visit, and we ate at a decent steakhouse there (www.carnechophouse.com).
What did you think of Tampa Statto?
Old 29.04.2013, 08:53 PM
All Pro

I'm hoping to be going to the same game!
Old 29.04.2013, 09:25 PM
Rookie

The Bay Harbor Best Western is not too far from Raymond James. Last time we were there, they did a shuttle which cost 15 dollars return to the stadium. Great hotel and harbor side you see dolphins in the morning.

If you still are a bit of a kid, Busch Gardens is good fun. If you like wildlife, the 80 mile drive up to Crystal River allows you to do day trips to snorkel with Manatees. Only place in the US where you can. We did it last year and was awesome.

Regardless the game will be quality. We were there last year for the Falcons game. Some of the best atmosphere ever experienced. Spent the day eating chicken, drinking beer and high fiving everyone. We will hopefully be there this year for the Dolphins and Falcons game.