London 2017 games - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 13.12.2016, 03:01 PM
Starter

I totally agree with you. so many negative comments about these games. I'm not jumping for joy over them. but I'm willing to give them a chance.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:08 PM
MVP

Im staggered to see all the hate Twickenham gets.

Wembley is such a worse experience from start to finish.

Either way I am happy with selection and whilst id have like to have seen a couple more teams I haven't seen come over one in each match up but one is ok. Especially when I figured that Phins, Jags and Rams would all be involved.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:09 PM
Starter

Does anyone know what category lower endzone was at Twickenham?.im trying to work out how much my season ticket will cost to renew. not sure if it was category 4 or 5.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:11 PM
Starter

I know the rams are having a shocking season again, but now fisher is out the door, there might be a glimmer of hope for next season.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_STL31 View Post
I totally agree with you. so many negative comments about these games. I'm not jumping for joy over them. but I'm willing to give them a chance.
Everyone moaning that Mexico will get the raiders v patriots.

3 months ago they'd have complained if the same match up was chosen for London.

It isn't our sport or league.

Think about how guarded the premier league has been with playing over there, in comparison to how open the nfl clubs have been.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:18 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

Think about how guarded the premier league has been with playing over there, in comparison to how open the nfl clubs have been.
yeah nobody was talking about the raiders a few months ago, an now look at the season they are having.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

Almost every match up would get equal amount of hate on here.

People want Packers Vs Seahawks to be happy.

Looking back we have had some corking match ups and seen some of the greatest players in history on our shores.

I don't actually see much wrong with the match ups and I reckon at least three of those teams will make the playoffs next year...
Old 13.12.2016, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefairs View Post
I think some people are way too harsh on the games, a lot can change between now and then - and I think the comparisons to Premier league games and teams like Hull, Sunderland and Swansea are very wrong.

Teams outside the big clubs in the league don't have any star names due to how football is compared to NFL with the salary cap and the draft.

Its a more than fair comparison Megatron retired partly due to his frustration at playing for a team who during his time was very bad most of the time - and I am a Lions fan saying that. The match ups are very poor on paper and again why is it we get no Packers no Pats no Seahawks because they are unwilling to jeopardize there routines and come across.

Having a star name does not make your team good or even competitive in many of these teams cases it looks like we have been sent poor teams over gain I mean the Jags and Browns. Rams have a whole combined 6 wins between them this season and the Jags and Browns have been longtime disaster franchises!!!

Those that are going enjoy the games but its a shame we are being served up poor quality match ups.

Regarding the Raiders I think most NFL fans knew at the start of the season they would have a good year the talent they have a lot of pundits tipped them for a good year - I actually put money on them to make the Superbowl way back at the start of Pre Season.

Last edited by DBNFFC; 13.12.2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 13.12.2016, 03:36 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_STL31 View Post
I know the rams are having a shocking season again, but now fisher is out the door, there might be a glimmer of hope for next season.

I'll take any glimmer of hope you have got going

Are you on here? We'll be meeting for beers at the game next year.

https://www.facebook.com/losangelesramsUK/
Old 13.12.2016, 03:43 PM
Rookie

Its ridiculous they have not confirmed the exact dates. People travel from around Europe to London for these games and can only make 1 of them due to the expense of travel and accommodation. They have to wait til April to get exact dates so they can book flights and hotels (at which point hotels around Wembley are all booked up).