Administrator

Default Week 11 Sky Sports TV games

The Week 11 Sky Sports games are:

Friday: Saints at Panthers - 1:25am | Sky Sports 1
Sunday: Ravens at Cowboys - 6pm | Sky Sports 2
Sunday: Dolphins at Rams - 9.05pm | Sky Sports 2
Monday: Packers at Redskins - 1:30am | Sky Sports 2
Tuesday: Texans at Raiders IN MEXICO - 1:30am | Sky Sports 1

And you can watch NFL RedZone on Sky Sports Mix (Sky Channel 407 and 417 / Virgin Media 507 and 517) and 12 of the 14 games can be watched live on Game Pass.
Old 14.11.2016, 03:48 PM
GOAT

another week where the options were fairly poor, Cards-Vikings should of been a big game but that has fallen flat.

maybe the Bengals-Bills could of been an option.
Old 14.11.2016, 06:11 PM
Hall of Fame

like the Titans/colts or Bucs/chiefs as better early games.we just had the ravens and cowboys on sky this week so why not spread the joy and show some other teams.The AFC South is as good as the AFC North so why not show them once in a while.
Old 15.11.2016, 12:07 AM
Team Captain

Ravens and Cowboys makes sense as the early game. The Ravens defence is playing to a high level, they also boast the best run defence in the league. So will the Cowboys offense over come this and march on, or do the Ravens prove their defence is elite and they are legit? Right choice made, best game.

My alternative would have been the Bucs and Chiefs. Bucs performed well on Sunday and the Chiefs are motoring on as one of the best teams. Be a good measure of how far Jameis has progressed. I suppose Titans and Colts could have been a good choice, but outside of the Colts, the AFC south is rarely highlighted...

Late night choice was simple, Pats should rout the 49ers, and Dolphins and Rams might be ugly if the rams shut down the Dolphins and we shut them down.
Old 15.11.2016, 12:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1989 View Post
Ravens and Cowboys makes sense as the early game. The Ravens defence is playing to a high level, they also boast the best run defence in the league. So will the Cowboys offense over come this and march on, or do the Ravens prove their defence is elite and they are legit? Right choice made, best game.

My alternative would have been the Bucs and Chiefs. Bucs performed well on Sunday and the Chiefs are motoring on as one of the best teams. Be a good measure of how far Jameis has progressed. I suppose Titans and Colts could have been a good choice, but outside of the Colts, the AFC south is rarely highlighted...

Late night choice was simple, Pats should rout the 49ers, and Dolphins and Rams might be ugly if the rams shut down the Dolphins and we shut them down.
Great post and explains perfectly why choices are not just about picking teams but focusing on match ups.

I'm bored of people moaning about when this team was on as if just totting up team appearances on TV is the be all and end all. I personally watch games for the narrative, the potential for interesting match ups. It's not about satisfying some kind of quota. It's about putting the best product on TV.

Last edited by PavlovsDog; 15.11.2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 15.11.2016, 09:34 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1989 View Post

I think that is a good assessment. As much as I hate the NFC East bias that we get on Sky, the early game they've chosen was the standout match on paper. If Vikings hadn't lost form, Cards at Vikings could have been a good choice. But given the way Ravens have been defending and the intrigue surrounding the Cowboys rookies, this makes perfect sense.

I would have liked to have seen Bucs at Chiefs chosen, but good Winston does have a habit of going missing against teams with a good secondary (look at how he did against Cardinals and Broncos) and so it could be a low scoring game as I don't think the Chiefs have the offensive weapons to pick apart the Bucs secondary. Mariota vs Luck would also have been a decent choice just to see if both teams could score over 40 against the others abysmal defences!

I think Sky have got this one spot on and no complaints from me.
Old 15.11.2016, 10:16 AM
Rookie

The Eagles again???
Old 15.11.2016, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Steele View Post
The Eagles again???
It's by far the best choice out of the 3 late games...
Old 15.11.2016, 02:12 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Steele View Post
The Eagles again???
And lucky for you, next week the Eagles are on again when they play on Monday night against the Packers!

I can understand that some may not want to see the Eagles most weeks, but on this occasion the Eagles/Seahawks game is the best of the late games. I'm sure if the Dolphins were playing the Patriots instead of the Rams, then perhaps a different game could have been chosen. But even as a Dolphins fan I would have a hard time selling the Dolphins/Rams game, and the Patriots/49ers should be fairly one sided.

This week there wasn't much choice, other weeks there is a greater choice and Sky may on that occasion decide to showcase others to balance out their coverage. But even then, if certain teams draw greater live ratings, do Sky choose the game they feel will get the highest ratings (even if it is the same as a previous week) or do they balance out the coverage? I suspect Sky try to pick the most competitive games that line up with teams that draw the best ratings.
Old 15.11.2016, 02:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
Tuesday: Texans at Raiders IN MEXICO - 1:30am | Sky Sports 1
hope it isn't a sore touch saying that handling the ball in the azteca this time around wont cause any controversy