NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 26.01.2011, 08:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
That would be me
You are famous see...

You not at superbash is like jets playing and Fireman Ed not being in crowd.
Old 26.01.2011, 08:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post

Its the regulars that keep the site alive. Thats a fact.
It's not really though. The 'site' is more than just the forum.

People may visit the site to play fantasy, to read the articles and even to just read the forum. Just because posting on a forum isn't their cup of tea, doesn't mean they are not supporting the site and keeping it alive in other ways.
Old 26.01.2011, 08:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
It's not really though. The 'site' is more than just the forum.

People may visit the site to play fantasy, to read the articles and even to just read the forum. Just because posting on a forum isn't their cup of tea, doesn't mean they are not supporting the site and keeping it alive in other ways.
I do respect that and I can see that arguement. However the feedback and interest we show in the forums is a big part of NFLuk's success.

If we didnt post on forum they would have nothing to read on the forum too. I site full of Lurkers would be no fun and they seem to find it their cup of tea when they win tickets or dont.

Its like having NFL fans that love the sport but dont watch games.. Not really going to help the sport grow. The more active you are in the NFLuk experience surely increases your importance to its success??

Without such a active forum would we have a corporate sponsored event??
Old 26.01.2011, 08:58 PM
All Pro

I do agree with Stocksy here, it does seem really unfair when people who post regularly on this forum our overlooked for tickets. The truth is however that there is more demand than tickets so it attracts touts even if NFLUK charged?
Old 26.01.2011, 09:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver&black View Post
I do agree with Stocksy here, it does seem really unfair when people who post regularly on this forum our overlooked for tickets. The truth is however that there is more demand than tickets so it attracts touts even if NFLUK charged?
I still don't think post count can be a measure of who does or doesn't deserve tickets. Some people just don't like posting on forums.
Old 26.01.2011, 09:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
I still don't think post count can be a measure of who does or doesn't deserve tickets. Some people just don't like posting on forums.
Can't argue with that at all.

I still say a big reason this site is as big as it is and we get all the NFL events we do is because of the active forums though.
Old 26.01.2011, 09:11 PM
All Pro

If it makes anybody fell better, i know a couple of people who have been registered on NFLUK for years, but never post on the forums. They didn't get any tickets..
Old 26.01.2011, 09:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt67 View Post
If it makes anybody fell better, i know a couple of people who have been registered on NFLUK for years, but never post on the forums. They didn't get any tickets..
At least they have been registered years...

Not Jan 11...

You cant play fantasy football or all the other wonderful things on NFLuk if you arent registered.

We can all give up posting anyway we dont contribute to the success of the site.
Old 26.01.2011, 09:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I agree with you too, the truth is touts do come on here and sign up just to get tickets to sell on ebay which is sad. I don't have a solution either NFLUK are damned either way.
In saying that ebay rules do not allow for tickets to free events to be sold so just report these cheats and let ebay do the rest?
Phil
Old 26.01.2011, 10:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Well I don't think tying the amount of tickets to a certain post count is a bad idea. As long as the post count you need to get the tickets is set at a realistic level that's fair for everyone. Let's say 2072 posts.