Pick made, need a PM Rich?
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 09:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Nah, i'm about.

Just waiting to hear back from someone. With AddyF87 probably well away on the dancefloor somewhere i'll give them some time to reply.

#24 is open to offers to anyone else though if they are interested...………..
Old Today, 09:37 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Ah you ba$tard I had my eye on Simmons at 32 now the TEs had gone! Think he’s going to be a steal for a team at the end of the 1st in real life and your explanation is bang on mate imo
Haha sorry mate, think in reality the Ravens won't do what I did, given their stated position post Ray Rice and there's a good chance if the TEs are gone and he drops to the Pats at 32 he'd be the pick right?!
Old Today, 09:40 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Like that pick (and the explanation). I think a team in the 2nd half of the round, with an established roster, will find it impossible to pass on Simmons. A team who can afford to wait for Simmons to return to the field and get back up to speed, potentially in time for the play offs.
Thanks, think that the way Jaylon Smith played this season will make people less wary of taking a risk on an ACL at the back end of the first rather than waiting until the second. I also think there's a real advantage to taking him in the first because of the fifth year option so the medical redshirt year doesn't mean you only really get him for three years.
Old Today, 09:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOggy View Post
Haha sorry mate, think in reality the Ravens won't do what I did, given their stated position post Ray Rice and there's a good chance if the TEs are gone and he drops to the Pats at 32 he'd be the pick right?!
I’d be stunned if he wasn’t - I think providing the TEs don’t drop, whatever DL is there they’ll take (providing they don’t trade back)
Old Today, 09:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Risner is an interesting one. Athletically he doesn't appear to be on par with the bigger names along the O line in this draft, but he has a proven track record. The buzz about him seems to be toughness and versatility, never a bad thing in an O lineman.
Old Today, 10:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Risner is an interesting one. Athletically he doesn't appear to be on par with the bigger names along the O line in this draft, but he has a proven track record. The buzz about him seems to be toughness and versatility, never a bad thing in an O lineman.
Probably the last Oline I had a first round grade on, was considering a cheeky punt on Fant, but once he and Ford went, my decision was made for me. May be better suited to being kicked inside in the pro's, but The Texans line is bad enough that he can help wherever he ends up.
Old Today, 10:08 PM
Starter

Quote:
Probably the last Oline I had a first round grade on, was considering a cheeky punt on Fant, but once he and Ford went, my decision was made for me. May be better suited to being kicked inside in the pro's, but The Texans line is bad enough that he can help wherever he ends up.
I agree, think he'd be great kicked inside to Guard, love how he plays through the whistle in the run game, his feet seem to be what would prevent him playing outside