Biggest win in Franchise history! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Old 01.11.2009, 11:15 PM
Rookie

Default Biggest win in Franchise history!

What is the biggest win in our short history?

The obvious choice is the opening night win over the Cowboys in 2002, but there are a few others:

The 2002 win v the steelers @ Heinz Field, despite just 47 yards total offence

The two victories that saw us do the double over the Titans in 04

The memorable christmas eve victory in 2006 on Kris Brown's game winning FG. [Still our only victory v the Colts]

The 2007 42-28 win over the Jags to give us our first .500 season

The 2008 13-12 victory over the Titans that snapped a 7 game loosing streak over our arch rivals, and seemingly sent the Titans on a downward spiral that still shows no sign of ending! [p.s I was there]

The 2008 Week 17 victory over the Bears that may have saved Gary Kubiak's job

The 2009 week 2 victory over the Titans that Bob McNair declared as "The biggest win in
Franchise history"

But surely a win over the Colts this week would eclipse all of these right?
Old 02.11.2009, 08:41 AM
Team Captain

Hi Seantheprawn,

I like your choices for most important wins. I do think you are right about this game next Sunday against the Colts, this is our biggest game. We are in such a good position this Year. Imagine making the play offs, what a Season it will be for us.

It is on Sky Sports which is even better.
Old 02.11.2009, 09:20 AM
All Pro

For me the biggest win is still the opening night win against the Cowboys, 19-10.

It will still be bigger even if the Texans beat the Colts this week. Nothing changes if the Texans beat the Colts. No division lead, no guaranteed playoff spot, etc.

I am hoping the biggest win in franchise history will come later this year. For me it will be a game that locks us into the playoffs.

Just imagine if in week 17 the Texans have to beat the Patriots in order to make the playoffs. If they pull that off then that game will clearly move to the top spot on my list.
Old 02.11.2009, 02:18 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red View Post
For me the biggest win is still the opening night win against the Cowboys, 19-10.

It will still be bigger even if the Texans beat the Colts this week. Nothing changes if the Texans beat the Colts. No division lead, no guaranteed playoff spot, etc.

I am hoping the biggest win in franchise history will come later this year. For me it will be a game that locks us into the playoffs.

Just imagine if in week 17 the Texans have to beat the Patriots in order to make the playoffs. If they pull that off then that game will clearly move to the top spot on my list.
Good point Battle Red. The Cowboys are our local rivals but beating the Colts for me are our main division rivals.

This game is huge though. If we win this the confidence of the team and having 6 wins at this point in the season will help us move forward to the play offs. We have to win this to catch up with the Colts. However I agree that there may well be a game later in the Season that will be bigger. Lets hope that will be on Sky Sports aswell.
Old 02.11.2009, 05:49 PM
Pro

If I can nick and slightly change a line from the Simpson's movie, "next week v the Colts is the biggest game of our lives, so far" as there is hopefully much more of this to come.
This is a franchise clearly on the up and I would rank yesterday's win (although I am yet to see the highlights) as one of our in the last couple of seasons as it was a pressure "must win" game to go 5-3, we were away from home, got off to an awful start and had one of our best offensive weapons injured.

I am not going to get carried away and predict a win next week as the Colts are a formidable team. I am just excited we are on the TV!
Old 04.11.2009, 09:30 PM
Rookie

But you could argue that if we won on Sunday and then went onto make the playoffs that this would be the victory we all point to as the turning point. So far the only decent team we've beat is the Bengals, and they're not on the same level as the Colts.

I personally don't see it happening, we're on the road playing a team we've beaten once in 14 attempts, without our all-pro TE.
Old 05.11.2009, 09:07 AM
Pro

I have been looking at our schedule. The AFC is pretty tight this year, and 10-6 might be enough for the playoffs, and I suspect that 11-5 would definitely be in (even though it wasn't last year for the Pats I think).

We have winnable games against the Titans, Jags, Seahawks and Rams. So if we can bag those that is 9 wins. So we need to win 1 or 2 games from home and away against Indy, at Miami or home against the Pats.

To be honest I agree with Seantheprawn about Indy and would fancy the Miami game or maybe the Pats game if they have wrapped up a spot already more than the Indy games. Either way, a very good opportunity to test ourselves against one of the top teams in the league. Hopefully at the least even if we get spanked we avoid any more serious injuries and maybe learn something that can help us in the return leg.
Old 05.11.2009, 05:20 PM
All Pro

I still think the very first game was the biggest win in franchise history.

If the Texans beat the Colts it will be the biggest win with Kubiak as head coach. The other games this year will be just as big as the Texans try to make the playoffs.

I keep thinking about week 17 and the Patriots. The Texans might have to beat the Pats to get into the playoffs. If that's the case that game will be the biggest game in franchise history by far.
Old 03.01.2010, 10:49 AM
Rookie

Battle Red,

Can I have this weeks lottery numbers please! 2 months down the line and it is exactly as you predicted, shame we have to have other results go our way as well as I think we will beat the Pats tonight.
Old 04.01.2010, 08:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajulater3000 View Post
Battle Red,

Can I have this weeks lottery numbers please! 2 months down the line and it is exactly as you predicted, shame we have to have other results go our way as well as I think we will beat the Pats tonight.
LOL! When the schedule came out last April, I had a feeling the Texans would need to beat the Patriots for a chance at the postseason. They managed to get the victory. Too bad they didn't make the playoffs.