Texans 2014/15 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.01.2014, 07:36 PM
Tobytexans's Avatar
Tobytexans Tobytexans is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 01.08.2013
Posts: 106
Default Texans 2014/15

Hi guys

just want to see what other peoples opinion is on the Texans
1. who do you think the Texans will get in the draft.
2. how well the Texans will do next year.
3. and just wondering has any team in the history of the NFL
did what the Texans did this year go 2-0 and then finish 2-14
(or any thing else like that)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.02.2014, 06:17 PM
Texan Oiler's Avatar
Texan Oiler Texan Oiler is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 09.02.2014
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytexans View Post
Hi guys

just want to see what other peoples opinion is on the Texans
1. who do you think the Texans will get in the draft.
2. how well the Texans will do next year.
3. and just wondering has any team in the history of the NFL
did what the Texans did this year go 2-0 and then finish 2-14
(or any thing else like that)
1. I think we'll end up picking Manziel as QB, though I'd prefer us to pick Clowney to pair up with Watt. But if it has to be a QB then I'd prefer us to take Bridgewater.

2. Depends on the draft and how well the players respond in camp to the new coaching team. I'd love us to do what the Chiefs did and turn a 2-14 season into a 9-0 start and ultimately a play off birth.

3. much worse teams in the past, Lions had an 0-16 season couple years back.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.02.2014, 07:51 PM
Texan Bar's Avatar
Texan Bar Texan Bar is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 03.09.2013
Posts: 46
Default

Agree that Clowney and Watt in that defense would cause problems for any QB up against them.
Problem is, if we choose Clowney as our no. 1 pick , then there will certainly be no Manziel or Bridgewater still left for our next pick (The Browns & Jags/Rams will see to that).
That would mean (once again) that have to go with Shaub or pick up a veteran QB in free agency.
Without a decent starting QB , I fear that the team know that it will be an average season at best, and will play accordingly.
Also def. required is a RT, to shore up the O line, and CB.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09.02.2014, 10:34 PM
Texan Oiler's Avatar
Texan Oiler Texan Oiler is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 09.02.2014
Posts: 86
Default

I really don't want us to pick Manziel just don't think he really is the No1 QB in this draft, for me that is definitely Bridgewater.

I don't see the Rams taking an early pick QB, they've got a good starting QB if they can keep him fit and sure up their O-line to protect him.

Shaub I don't see being out starter even if we don't pick a QB at No1. Keenum is ahead of Shaub now I'd say anyway, there are a couple of decent options in free agency that could do a good job with a bolstered O-Line. Plus there are other options that could be available in round 2 not everyone is going to pick off all the QBs on round 1. Could be that Taj Boyd would be available in round 2, maybe not the Bridgewater or Manziel everyone is craving but he is a good dual threat QB that could be developed.

I agree about the need for a RT & CB though. One thing is for sure its promising to be a very good draft this year.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.02.2014, 12:44 PM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Posts: 4,682
Default

For me, you simply can't pass up the opportunity to pair up Clowney and Watt. That'd be incredible, you'd only need to rush those two guys

I also don't think any of the QBs in this draft warrant being picked first overall. Don't see a Luck/RG3 type standout among them, they're all gonna be average MFL players imo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.02.2014, 12:04 PM
jarhead_7900's Avatar
jarhead_7900 jarhead_7900 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 15.01.2014
Posts: 3
Exclamation

Clowney and Watt in defense would be very strong, just have to look at seahawks for that


I DONT think we should take Manziel ,if not Bridgewater ,then Bortles he would fit in well i think .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.02.2014, 02:18 PM
Texan Oiler's Avatar
Texan Oiler Texan Oiler is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 09.02.2014
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead_7900 View Post
Clowney and Watt in defense would be very strong, just have to look at seahawks for that


I DONT think we should take Manziel ,if not Bridgewater ,then Bortles he would fit in well i think .
Totally agree with you, I'm hoping we will take Clowney as No.1 pick and sacrifice Manziel as I really don't want to see him in a Texans Jersey..

Bridgewater for me is the NO.1 QB in this draft but still it has to be Clowney for us (i hope), Would also take Bortles over Manziel, Manziel is to much about him and we need to forge a strong team not count on an individual. Pretty much just like the Seahawks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11.02.2014, 08:44 PM
Texan Bar's Avatar
Texan Bar Texan Bar is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 03.09.2013
Posts: 46
Default

Well it looks at the moment like our #1 pick is going to be from 1 of 3 players.
QB's Manziel or Bridgewater , OR DE Clowney - unless we trade down.

Clowney. my main concern here would be where he would fit in in a 3-4 defence?
Obviously JJ on one side of the line. Can we afford to have another aggressive edge rusher on the other side? In theory JJ + Clowney sound like the dreamticket , but in reality... i'm not so sure!
Does a guy with only 3 sacks to his name last season really challenge for the overall no.1 pick?

Manziel / Bridgewater - Certainly no Andrew Luck, but, without that franchise QB, we ain't gonna challenge for the AFC South title let alone challenge for a superbowl place. Bridgewater would be the safer pair of hands, but with Manziel, this is the guy that can make those plays that only a special talented QB can.
Therefore I hope we go with Manziel, and also make that o line stronger to give him the time to make those plays.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12.02.2014, 07:16 PM
Tobytexans's Avatar
Tobytexans Tobytexans is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 01.08.2013
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Oiler View Post
1. I think we'll end up picking Manziel as QB, though I'd prefer us to pick Clowney to pair up with Watt. But if it has to be a QB then I'd prefer us to take Bridgewater.

2. Depends on the draft and how well the players respond in camp to the new coaching team. I'd love us to do what the Chiefs did and turn a 2-14 season into a 9-0 start and ultimately a play off birth.

3. much worse teams in the past, Lions had an 0-16 season couple years back.
3. I know teams have gone on losing streaks but I want to know has any team gone good to bad just like that E.G 3-0 then go 3-13
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13.02.2014, 12:15 PM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Posts: 4,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytexans View Post
3. I know teams have gone on losing streaks but I want to know has any team gone good to bad just like that E.G 3-0 then go 3-13
I'd argue the Texans were never very good tho...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:44 AM.