2013 Draft and Schedule - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Old 25.04.2013, 11:42 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMccormick12 View Post
Right back at you, have 2 friends who are big packers fans! And hey, I would rather be the Texans than the Bobcats or the Apollos that were on the shortlist ha!

I see what you mean I am always wary of one or two surprise results in a season though, that's what makes the NFL great; the level playing field
Cool, well you are closer to making the Bowl than us. We are falling behind the 49ers and Hawks and doing little to plug the holes and close the gap

True it was a poor shortlist.

It just seems like someone went into a meeting and said 'lets call this team something like the Texans but not so boring' and the people who were supposed to research a good name took an immediate poll decided those 3 names should go on a ballot and went to an early lunch.

Indeed in this funny league you could beat the 49ers and lose to the Jags..........its why we love it.
Old 25.04.2013, 11:46 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Cool, well you are closer to making the Bowl than us. We are falling behind the 49ers and Hawks and doing little to plug the holes and close the gap

True it was a poor shortlist.

It just seems like someone went into a meeting and said 'lets call this team something like the Texans but not so boring' and the people who were supposed to research a good name took an immediate poll decided those 3 names should go on a ballot and went to an early lunch.

Indeed in this funny league you could beat the 49ers and lose to the Jags..........its why we love it.
Do you think you are that far off the 49ers? The Hawks seem to have a secondary and pass rush that will dominate the NFC next season but with Rodgers you have the man to combat that
Old 25.04.2013, 11:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you think you are that far off the 49ers? The Hawks seem to have a secondary and pass rush that will dominate the NFC next season but with Rodgers you have the man to combat that
We dont have the D to combat CK and all their weapons and their D is skilled in a way that slows down our strong O.

Hawks sacked A Rod 8 times i think last season, and our line has had no upgrades.
Their rush has..................i fear for A Rod's life
Old 25.04.2013, 11:53 AM
Starter

Quote:
We dont have the D to combat CK and all their weapons and their D is skilled in a way that slows down our strong O.

Hawks sacked A Rod 8 times i think last season, and our line has had no upgrades.
Their rush has..................i fear for A Rod's life
Wow I wasn't aware they dominated that much! I just remember that game for THAT decision.
I understand your points about the 49ers. The divisional games between them will be something else.
Old 25.04.2013, 11:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow I wasn't aware they dominated that much! I just remember that game for THAT decision.
I understand your points about the 49ers. The divisional games between them will be something else.
Well we needed one first down with 3 runs with 2 mins left and we failed so i dont think we should have made too much of a deal out of that decision as it should have been over.
Difference then to now is Wilson, when we played them, other than the last throw he was still quite raw and had only shown flashes of the brilliance we were to see by seasons end.

Their D is still very strong and with Wilson coming on so strongly they are now a bad bad matchup for us.

Oh yes I have circled their Week 2 match at QWest as one to watch for sure.
Old 25.04.2013, 12:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Well we needed one first down with 3 runs with 2 mins left and we failed so i dont think we should have made too much of a deal out of that decision as it should have been over.
Difference then to now is Wilson, when we played them, other than the last throw he was still quite raw and had only shown flashes of the brilliance we were to see by seasons end.

Their D is still very strong and with Wilson coming on so strongly they are now a bad bad matchup for us.

Oh yes I have circled their Week 2 match at QWest as one to watch for sure.
I have a soft spot for Russel Wilson I remember seeing his Gruden QB camp uploaded onto Youtube and thinking he has the right attitude, great knowledge and is a winner. I hoped he would get a chance and he hasn't half taken it.
I would love to see us take a shot on an EJ Manuel or Landry Jones. Maybe in the third where we have two picks or maybe the fourth
Old 25.04.2013, 12:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have a soft spot for Russel Wilson I remember seeing his Gruden QB camp uploaded onto Youtube and thinking he has the right attitude, great knowledge and is a winner. I hoped he would get a chance and he hasn't half taken it.
I would love to see us take a shot on an EJ Manuel or Landry Jones. Maybe in the third where we have two picks or maybe the fourth
Agreed and as a Badger I was happy to see him do well.

Not a bad idea as the value is there and it would be a major bargain if either turned out to be a star

How much longer do you think Schaub will be around? And controversial i know but do you think he is capable of winning a Superbowl? (i think so btw)
Old 25.04.2013, 12:31 PM
Starter

Quote:
Agreed and as a Badger I was happy to see him do well.

Not a bad idea as the value is there and it would be a major bargain if either turned out to be a star

How much longer do you think Schaub will be around? And controversial i know but do you think he is capable of winning a Superbowl? (i think so btw)
With two picks in the third it could be a gamble worth taking.
As for Schaub I like him, I don't think he was the problem I think it was that once teams shut down Johnson and Daniels, who is a dependable but not spectacular TE, that was it for him. There were no more reliable targets.

Can he win a SB I think so. Call me crazy but if Flacco can do it, he can too with the right weapons