2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 106 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 08.04.2019, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
No details have emerged, but John Lynch maintains that the 49ers made a better offer for Mack, and the Raiders turned it down as they didn't want to trade with their geographical neighbours.
well the Raiders cost themselves with the 1st round pick they could have gained,the 49ers 1st rounder turned out to be top 5 instead of the Bears mid-20's.
Old 08.04.2019, 08:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhdjh View Post
Bet that's what he was dreaming of when he moved into American Football.

Mind you, might be a good spot for someone who's presumably going to first get his shot as a return man.
Up and coming team with the best fanbase in the league, yeah who would dream of that....
Old 08.04.2019, 10:01 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Up and coming team with the best fanbase in the league, yeah who would dream of that....
Knew you'd bite.

In all fairness, the heat down south would be my idea of hell, maybe he's the same. The Upstate New York area and the fans do indeed have much to recommend them, ditto the team if Allen is the real deal.

Last edited by djhdjh; 08.04.2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09.04.2019, 04:41 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Knew you'd bite.

In all fairness, the heat down south would be my idea of hell, maybe he's the same. The Upstate New York area and the fans do indeed have much to recommend them, ditto the team if Allen is the real deal.
If you make a dumbass WUM comment of course someone will react. That's the reason you wrote it.....
Old 09.04.2019, 05:53 AM
Team Captain

When you're left that empty a net, it's too tempting to put the ball in it I'm afraid.

Anyway, good luck to him for a team that I actually like.
Old 09.04.2019, 05:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
When you're left that empty a net, it's too tempting to put the ball in it I'm afraid.

Anyway, good luck to him for a team that I actually like.
Well you missed....
Old 09.04.2019, 06:06 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Bet that's what he was dreaming of when he moved into American Football.

Mind you, might be a good spot for someone who's presumably going to first get his shot as a return man.
Pretty talentless offensive weapon roster too - decent shot at actually making the 53, albeit needs to grow a few feet to catch some of the passes he’ll get out the backfield
Old 09.04.2019, 07:10 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Pretty talentless offensive weapon roster too - decent shot at actually making the 53, albeit needs to grow a few feet to catch some of the passes he’ll get out the backfield
Joking aside, in the interests of pre-season discussion and considering the off season moves on both teams riddle me this - taking away the QB which team is currently the most talented in the offensive weapons department - Pats or Bills?

I'm talking individual talent and discounting the greatest coach and QB off all time factor.

In regards to Wade, good luck to the bloke but even at a team who are perennial strugglers he probably won't get close to a roster spot. Even more so with us have an All-Pro kick returner.
Old 09.04.2019, 11:13 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkBill View Post
Joking aside, in the interests of pre-season discussion and considering the off season moves on both teams riddle me this - taking away the QB which team is currently the most talented in the offensive weapons department - Pats or Bills?

I'm talking individual talent and discounting the greatest coach and QB off all time factor.

In regards to Wade, good luck to the bloke but even at a team who are perennial strugglers he probably won't get close to a roster spot. Even more so with us have an All-Pro kick returner.
I’d say Pats have better RBs and OL - TEs are even and Bills just have a slightly better WR room (albeit Pats have the best WR in Edelman out of the two sides, Bills have better depth).

I may be being a bit of a stooge here, because they are clearly trying to improve - but I’m not sure the Bills and Jets offences are actually going to be that much better than they were last year, at this stage of the offseason. Both Allen and Darnold had promising moments as rookies, but overall were poor for me - and have a long long way to go to be top 10 QBs in the league
Old 09.04.2019, 11:43 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
I’d say Pats have better RBs and OL - TEs are even and Bills just have a slightly better WR room (albeit Pats have the best WR in Edelman out of the two sides, Bills have better depth).

I may be being a bit of a stooge here, because they are clearly trying to improve - but I’m not sure the Bills and Jets offences are actually going to be that much better than they were last year, at this stage of the offseason. Both Allen and Darnold had promising moments as rookies, but overall were poor for me - and have a long long way to go to be top 10 QBs in the league
I saw enough from both QBs last season which suggests they'll be very good in the future. Darnold more so than Allen if we're talking top 10. Allen needs to appreciate there is now people (Beasley in particular) there to help him on the intermediate throws and not go Hollywood every play. He certainly isn't as bad as certain outlets in the media reckon he is.

Darnold looked a proper QB by the time we played the Jets in Buffalo the back end of last season. I'm surprised with the Jets lack of activity on the OL front so far this off season. They have star in the making and they have to protect him.

There wasn't a lot more Bills could have done in FA to address the OL issue. I think they did ok. New OL coach in as well. I'm expecting a decent improvement there.

I think both teams offense will be better. Better enough to get 10 wins or challenge New England is another matter.