2017 Offseason Thread - News, Free Agency, all that jazz - Page 214 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 19.11.2017, 10:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
The only reason the Bills running game works is because of Taylor...

Mad decision imo. Tyrod is a top 15-20 QB and clearly the Bills best option. I’m beginning to really doubt this new Buffalo regime, not convinced about their trades (As I said at the time Benjamin is slow and fat) and now this.

I’m a lot happier with the Pats now facing the Taylor-less Bills twice down the stretch!

Hey look benching your top 15-20 QB for a dude who threw 40% completion percentage against 5 man pressures in college didn’t work - who’d have thunk it!

God bless the Buffalo Bills - just when they let you believe they revert to who they really are - a trainwreck
Sponsored Links
Old 20.11.2017, 12:28 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
and people wonder why people dont come forward more often or at the time.

so in this recent surge of claims you think over 50% are lying?
I would expect there to be more lies than true, yes. How many sportsman are really going to go around sexually assaulting people? Sure its possible, but I'd say its far more likely that a woman is just trying to make a quick buck. She can set herself up for life with one lie if the sportsman decides he'd rather just settle out of court.
Old 20.11.2017, 01:07 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
I would expect there to be more lies than true, yes. How many sportsman are really going to go around sexually assaulting people? Sure its possible, but I'd say its far more likely that a woman is just trying to make a quick buck. She can set herself up for life with one lie if the sportsman decides he'd rather just settle out of court.
and whats that based on?

what kind of question is that?
i guess as a group there as likely as any other.
Old 20.11.2017, 07:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
and whats that based on?

what kind of question is that?
i guess as a group there as likely as any other.
Its based on people wanting to create a better life for themselves. Its based on greed. These sportsman are rich people, money your average person will never see in their life. They can lie knowing full well its very hard to prove that their lying and rather than go through the embarrassment of a court case, the sportsman may feel its easier to pay them off. Its usually money they wont miss, at the end of the day.

The amount of times I see a story in the UK papers from a woman telling the world they slept with a celebrity. Its all to make money from it. People are greedy and some will go to any lengths to make the most of an encounter with a famous person, even lie.

Last edited by nick_chicane; 20.11.2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 20.11.2017, 09:28 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Its based on people wanting to create a better life for themselves. Its based on greed. These sportsman are rich people, money your average person will never see in their life. They can lie knowing full well its very hard to prove that their lying and rather than go through the embarrassment of a court case, the sportsman may feel its easier to pay them off. Its usually money they wont miss, at the end of the day.

The amount of times I see a story in the UK papers from a woman telling the world they slept with a celebrity. Its all to make money from it. People are greedy and some will go to any lengths to make the most of an encounter with a famous person, even lie.

a very big difference between a kiss and tell and claiming sexual assault.

a few crazy people might lie but most that come forward are telling the truth.
Old 20.11.2017, 10:07 AM
MVP

Quote:
a very big difference between a kiss and tell and claiming sexual assault.

a few crazy people might lie but most that come forward are telling the truth.
Are they though? This woman thats claiming Winston did what he did. It supposedly happened in 2012, how on earth are they going to prove that it happened or didn't happen? Its just an attempt by her to get a payout from him. If you were that affected by it, it wouldn't take you 5 years to decide you need to speak out.

In 2012, Winston was nothing. She's probably not a sports fan and only just noticed he's now the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A friend has probably said "didn't you have a thing with him before?" and she's said "oh yeah, he'll have a lot of money now too". So here we are today.
Old 20.11.2017, 10:44 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Are they though? This woman thats claiming Winston did what he did. It supposedly happened in 2012, how on earth are they going to prove that it happened or didn't happen? Its just an attempt by her to get a payout from him. If you were that affected by it, it wouldn't take you 5 years to decide you need to speak out.

In 2012, Winston was nothing. She's probably not a sports fan and only just noticed he's now the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A friend has probably said "didn't you have a thing with him before?" and she's said "oh yeah, he'll have a lot of money now too". So here we are today.

of maybe they felt they wouldnt be believed, there are lots of reasons to come forward. also the power in number from the recent amount of claims.

surely if you want money you go to the player and say pay up or i will spill.

not release the story and then hope he isnt bothered about clearing that but making a more that makes him look guilty.

you really seem to have an odd focus that a large about of these claims will be false on the off chance they can make some money.
Old 20.11.2017, 01:37 PM
MVP

Make the story public and you can sell it to the media. Theres lots of avenues she can use to make money from this. Potentially attention seeking too.

I just choose not to believe stories like this just because someone has spoken out. Why does the woman deserve to be instantly believed over the man?
Old 20.11.2017, 03:50 PM
All Pro

Broncos have fired OC Mike McCoy, promoted Bill Musgrave.
Old 20.11.2017, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Former Patriots and Cowboys WR Terry Glenn was killed in a car accident this morning. He was 43.