Can we actually be certain..... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 07.07.2019, 06:33 AM
All Pro

Default Can we actually be certain.....

That this forum will actually shut on the day its advertised? Given basic things like logging on seem far to complicated to manage, surely a closure date of 28 February 2028 is more likely, or next Tuesday.

I have serious doubts that anything as complicated finding the off switch will be managed on time.
Old 07.07.2019, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
That this forum will actually shut on the day its advertised? Given basic things like logging on seem far to complicated to manage, surely a closure date of 28 February 2028 is more likely, or next Tuesday.

I have serious doubts that anything as complicated finding the off switch will be managed on time.
Thought they’d pulled the plug early a few days ago when the site temporarily went down. I’ve enquired about the possibility of keeping a read-only archive up, but no response...
Old 07.07.2019, 10:11 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Thought they’d pulled the plug early a few days ago when the site temporarily went down. I’ve enquired about the possibility of keeping a read-only archive up, but no response...
They are far too busy pumping out propaganda on Twitter
Old 07.07.2019, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon

would be funny if they press the wrong button and shutdown the facebook group instead, and would be no surprise if it doesn't switch off when they say, they may just at that point stop support and wait for it to fall over and not bring it back, which with this forum wouldn't take long.
Old 08.07.2019, 07:47 PM
Pro Bowler

Well if it didnt fall over, that would be great as i dont have another forum to migrate over to.
Signed up for Footballs Future but a week later i still havent been verified. I know they want to reduce/stop bots spamming the site but surely a Mod has some control over verification and checks it on a semi regular basis?

I wonder if setting my location to Scunthorpe gets past the swear filter on here.