New York Jets Thread - Page 315 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

  #3141  
Old 03.05.2010, 06:28 PM
John Breitenbach's Avatar
John Breitenbach John Breitenbach is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 20.11.2005
Posts: 6,083
Default

Every time I watched Alabama Reamer stood out (and not in a good way). He could produce at the NFL level but he was playing with McClain and Cody and just didn't find a way to make plays.
Reply With Quote
  #3142  
Old 03.05.2010, 06:38 PM
Woolley_Man's Avatar
Woolley_Man Woolley_Man is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.09.2003
Posts: 7,862
Default

Yeah,Reamer seems quite small as well for an ILB.He needs to prove his worth on special teams to make the team.We probably have one LB spot open with Gholston being moved to d-line.It's an OLB spot but Westerman could probably be moved there if we want another ILB.
Reply With Quote
  #3143  
Old 06.05.2010, 08:36 PM
Windeos's Avatar
Windeos Windeos is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 20.08.2009
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Yeah,Reamer seems quite small as well for an ILB.He needs to prove his worth on special teams to make the team.We probably have one LB spot open with Gholston being moved to d-line.It's an OLB spot but Westerman could probably be moved there if we want another ILB.
I think Kevin Basped will take the open spot to be honest. Ryan has been talking up Reamer a hell of a lot but that was about how good he was in the special team drills so like you say Woolley Reamer will only be a special teams player.

Warren is listed as a safety now so he seems to have been converted like someone said.

All in all I'm looking forward to see how any of these undrafted rookies make the roster.

Will be great to watch on hard knocks
Reply With Quote
  #3144  
Old 06.05.2010, 09:07 PM
Woolley_Man's Avatar
Woolley_Man Woolley_Man is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.09.2003
Posts: 7,862
Default

So true,can't wait for Hard Knocks.It's a shame it's months away.

On better news,Sanchez is now running,it's starting to look like he can make mini camp in mid june.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/05/06/sanc...medium=twitter
News
Sanchez runs on treadmill for first time since surgery

Posted: May 6th, 2010 | Adam Rank | Tags: Lindsay Soto, Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

Jets QB Mark Sanchez ran on the treadmill for the first time since knee surgery, NFL Network’s Lindsay Soto reports. Sanchez is working out with a trainer at USC while he is in town.

Sanchez had a procedure on his left knee Feb. 17 to repair the patella ligament. He said two weeks ago that he hoped to be running on ground sometime around mid-May so it appears that he is ahead of schedule. Sanchez is still hopeful to participate in minicamp June 14-16. He is no danger of missing training camp.
Reply With Quote
  #3145  
Old 13.05.2010, 02:31 PM
Woolley_Man's Avatar
Woolley_Man Woolley_Man is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.09.2003
Posts: 7,862
Default

Eek,I hope Jenk wins the biggest loser compition.
Quote:
After some prodding, Kris Jenkins finally gave up his weight. Big Jenks is 390 pounds and wants to drop 30 pounds before training camp.

But Big Jenks true goal is to drop a total of 45 pounds. Another goal: Jenkins wants to participate in the June minicamp
https://twitter.com/rodboone/statuses/13916641396
Reply With Quote
  #3146  
Old 13.05.2010, 05:00 PM
JetsDom's Avatar
JetsDom JetsDom is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 28.02.2009
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Eek,I hope Jenk wins the biggest loser compition.

https://twitter.com/rodboone/statuses/13916641396
i think that 390 might be a bit of an under-estimate. When he suffered a similar injury during his time in Carolina he was 410-415lbs when he recovered. Our D-line is vital to allowing our secondary to have the freedom to blitz that Ryan loves, and Jenk is the keystone to that line - regardless of how well they managed without him, if we want to win the SuperBowl, we'll need him. Now both his knees have a history of pretty major injuries he needs to loss the excess weight asap. Looking forward to seeing him back in action though

Apparently the results of the Biggest Loser NYJ will be featured in HBOs Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #3147  
Old 20.05.2010, 06:32 PM
JetsDom's Avatar
JetsDom JetsDom is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 28.02.2009
Posts: 156
Default

Reports on the OTAs giving plenty to be happy about.
Cromartie was impressive both in coverage and returning.
Woodhead was wearing #27, looks like hes back to RB - the kids had mroe numbers than snaps lol.
Braylon looked a lot more confident catching the ball - from Ainge, Clemens and Sanchez.
Sanchez did a lot more than expected out there today - recovery going ahead schedule.
Mangold sat out after getting a bruised leg from Shonn Greene - love that, Greene is a beast!

The big downside however was....Nick Folk. He was apparently just as bad as advertised, missing 4 consecutive FGAs. Ryan actually said "Nick has to make a couple, or else we'll find another kicker." Feely is a classy guy...but hes got to be feeling a bit smug right now.
Reply With Quote
  #3148  
Old 20.05.2010, 06:55 PM
Woolley_Man's Avatar
Woolley_Man Woolley_Man is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.09.2003
Posts: 7,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsDom View Post
Reports on the OTAs giving plenty to be happy about.
Cromartie was impressive both in coverage and returning.
Woodhead was wearing #27, looks like hes back to RB - the kids had mroe numbers than snaps lol.
Braylon looked a lot more confident catching the ball - from Ainge, Clemens and Sanchez.
Sanchez did a lot more than expected out there today - recovery going ahead schedule.
Mangold sat out after getting a bruised leg from Shonn Greene - love that, Greene is a beast!

The big downside however was....Nick Folk. He was apparently just as bad as advertised, missing 4 consecutive FGAs. Ryan actually said "Nick has to make a couple, or else we'll find another kicker." Feely is a classy guy...but hes got to be feeling a bit smug right now.
Sanchez also looked really good in his limited snaps.Very encouraging.Can't say I'm happy with the Folk news,letting Feely go could really come back to haunt us.
Reply With Quote
  #3149  
Old 20.05.2010, 07:58 PM
Hurricane Warrior's Avatar
Hurricane Warrior Hurricane Warrior is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.03.2007
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsDom View Post
Reports on the OTAs giving plenty to be happy about.
Cromartie was impressive both in coverage and returning.
Woodhead was wearing #27, looks like hes back to RB - the kids had mroe numbers than snaps lol.
Braylon looked a lot more confident catching the ball - from Ainge, Clemens and Sanchez.
Sanchez did a lot more than expected out there today - recovery going ahead schedule.
Mangold sat out after getting a bruised leg from Shonn Greene - love that, Greene is a beast!

The big downside however was....Nick Folk. He was apparently just as bad as advertised, missing 4 consecutive FGAs. Ryan actually said "Nick has to make a couple, or else we'll find another kicker." Feely is a classy guy...but hes got to be feeling a bit smug right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Sanchez also looked really good in his limited snaps.Very encouraging.Can't say I'm happy with the Folk news,letting Feely go could really come back to haunt us.
In regards to the Kicker have we any other options?
Reply With Quote
  #3150  
Old 20.05.2010, 09:23 PM
JetsDom's Avatar
JetsDom JetsDom is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 28.02.2009
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Warrior View Post
In regards to the Kicker have we any other options?
Some guy called Clint Stitser, complete unknown.
Search him the the thread tools at the top, there were a couple of comments about him when we signed him.
Don't hold your breath as far as he's concerned though.

I think our Kicker may come from Houston. They have 2 very capable kickers in Kris Brown and Neil Rackers, these two will be competing for one spot effectively. Whichever one the Texans cut we could sign.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:35 AM.