Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 01.09.2008, 11:08 AM
Team Captain

Default Re:Atlanta Falcons Thread

i see pollard got cut so he did not last long
Old 02.09.2008, 10:59 AM
All Pro

Harrington got cut and signed with the Ravens.

Week 1 and definitely a winnable game although i'm not expecting great things.
Old 02.09.2008, 04:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
CBS4 has learned that the Denver Broncos have traded Domonique Foxworth to the Atlanta Falcons. The Broncos will receive a 7th round draft pick for the 4th year defensive back. Foxworth is in the final year of his current contract and if he were to resign with Atlanta after this season, the Broncos would also receive a 6th round draft pick.
VERY HAPPY WITH THIS for a 7th maybe a 6th i consider this agreta bit of business and a steal for definete.
Old 03.09.2008, 03:02 PM
Starter

Defiantly a great pick up, adds some veteran experience to a young DB core and helps with the loss to Von Hutchins. He should fit the cover2 scheme well and is a very aggressive tackler.

As for the Marcus Pollard, he was only signed for the Baltimore game, otherwise we would have only been able to dress two TE's. not much of a mystery really. Although we might have kept him if there were no alternatives in the cuts, but with Justin Peelle available we had an easy decision, as he can block as well as be a threat. He may pressure Milner for the spot as second TE.
Old 05.09.2008, 12:25 PM
Starter

Quote:
young DB core
Lavalamp i'm pretty sure you mean DB corps :P

I'm pretty nervous about Sunday, I think we're going to be ripped apart by Calvin and Roy Williams :'(
Old 07.09.2008, 11:20 PM
MVP

[quote author=MattyIce link=board=1;threadid=8317;start=495#msg943529 date=1220617527]
Quote:
young DB core
Lavalamp i'm pretty sure you mean DB corps :P

I'm pretty nervous about Sunday, I think we're going to be ripped apart by Calvin and Roy Williams :'(
[/quote]

"im pretty sure" he could still mean core, as in the centre, as in the starters as opposed to all the DB's in the squad
Old 08.09.2008, 04:23 PM
Team Captain

good start for falcons running game looked great
Old 08.09.2008, 05:42 PM
All Pro

You guys sure made me sit up and take notice, with a rookie QB in I had you down to lose, but Turner was exceptional.

However, it was only the Lions, I'm looking forward to seeing how you fare at Tampa next time out.
Old 08.09.2008, 10:42 PM
Pro

Wow, what a game! It may have "only been the Lions" but I did hear some promising things about them at the beginning of the season especially with their supposed balanced offence (introducing the running game) where as the Falcons were rated by many as the worst team in the league.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself with it being the first game of the season but when the score went too 21-0 after the first three drives I would've cried if I was a lesser man.

The running game was simply amazing, the line completely dominated the Lions defence. 22 Carries and averaging 10 yards a pop on 'Burner' Turner's part, Awesome. It seems San Diego let the wrong man go... Ha!

As for Matt Ryan, what a start! First pass, 62 yards touchdown! And to Michael Jenkins of all people. I mean I didn't even know he could run that fast. He did seem a bit shakey, nearly threw an interception, but played well for the most part.

There were even positives on the defensive side of the ball also, Milloy intercepting Kitna to regain the momentum when the Lions were looking to tie the game and really turned the game back in the Falcons favour. Abraham was a beast racking up 3 sacks, it was a shame that the others on the line were so quiet. Though in fairness Jamal Anderson should've been credited with half a sack was clearly held at one point denying him from sacking Kitna. No penalty though, yet on the next play Houston got called. Damn referees!!

Well there we go if things continue the way it started we can all look forward to a closely contested NFC South as the other games turned out to be good ones too. Bring on the Bucs!
Old 08.09.2008, 10:50 PM
MVP

it was fantastic but i dont think anyone should get carried away, Ryan didnt get many attempts and almost threw 2 INT's. we wont be able to run like against everyone, i will reserve judgment until i see us against more intense defenses.

i think the lions handed this one to us a bit more than we made it ours, the first quarter was where we dominated, the lions nearly made a comeback and i think a better team could have finished the job against us.