5 Overrated Fantasy Players for 2017 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 10.05.2017, 05:04 PM
Rookie

Default 5 Overrated Fantasy Players for 2017

Hey guys!

I wrote an article about which 5 players I think are being overrated and drafted to high in mock drafts at the moment.

Would really appreciate it if you gave it a read and any feedback would be great!

Thanks!

http://firstdownpodcast.weebly.com/a...antasy-players
Sponsored Links
Old 10.05.2017, 06:24 PM
Hall of Fame

If Keenan Allen could just keep injury free he'd be a borderline first round FF draft pick. He's put up big numbers in his rookie year, dipped in year 2, but the last 2 seasons was showing real promise before the bug hit again. Even with Mike Williams and Hunter Henry, I don't see them eating into Allen's production

I agree with Lamar Miller. Great between the 20's, but little to no nose for the Endzone, averaging under 5TDs per season in his career

As for Ingram, I'm staying well clear of all Saints running backs at this moment in time
Old 10.05.2017, 09:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
If Keenan Allen could just keep injury free he'd be a borderline first round FF draft pick. He's put up big numbers in his rookie year, dipped in year 2, but the last 2 seasons was showing real promise before the bug hit again. Even with Mike Williams and Hunter Henry, I don't see them eating into Allen's production

I agree with Lamar Miller. Great between the 20's, but little to no nose for the Endzone, averaging under 5TDs per season in his career

As for Ingram, I'm staying well clear of all Saints running backs at this moment in time
Trust me, I have faith in an injury free Keenan Allen, I drafted him in the first round last year. I just really worry about his durability and I think the Chargers are too which is one of the reasons they passed up on a player like Malik Hooker to draft Mike Williams.
Old 11.05.2017, 04:56 AM
All Pro

Allen's an absolutely outrageous talent. His 'down' year in 2014 was largely down to Frank Reich having no clue how to use him. He's a quick twitch short route and YAC guy, not someone you want to be running routes to meet the ball 15 yards down the field. IF, big if, he stays healthy, he should be looking at easily a 100+ reception season, even with the other talent the Chargers have at WR and TE. He's virtually uncoverable within 10 yards of the LOS due to his ability to get of the line cleanly and instantly create 3 yards of separation from even the elite CB's.
Old 11.05.2017, 05:27 AM
All Pro

On Allen, I think there are two ways at looking at him. Either you see the Chargers selection of Williams as a black mark against his future health or you see it as a huge opportunity as defences will have to leave Allen one on one more often as they won't be able to skew the safety over him as consistently.

I must admit that I'm of the latter opinion. I think Allen gets far more chances and goes off big.

As for Wilson, I can see a player who will be a far more consistent fantasy scorer next season. The O-line is definitely an issue but with the building of the connection to Graham, a healthy Paul Richardson and positive signs on Lockett, the big play potential is far higher than last year. It would not surprise me if he goes for less yards, both running and throwing, but ends up with 5 to 8 more TDs which is all important in fantasy.
Old 11.05.2017, 06:25 PM
Rookie

Thank you for the all the comments!

Love to see what other people think and the opposing arguments to my opinions.
Old 12.05.2017, 03:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Cooks & Ingram had some huge weeks last season, but maybe not enough of them for fantasy owners. I recall Cooks having a blowout game in one of the 'fantasy playoff' weeks, because I'd dropped him from a team or two, and lived to regret it. It's a pity that Seattle can't set a safer environment for Wilson to operate in. He's an awesome playmaker, and superman clutch, but Seattle didn't protect him well at times last season, and he was blunted with injury for spells too. Cooks could be super productive with the Pats, but then it's very hard to know whose week it's going to be on the Pats offence, with the volume & variety that Brady brings. You know someone going to have a good week in the Pats offence every Sunday, but it's rarely straightforward to predict who.

Tags
fantasy , fantasyfootball , football , nfl , players