2011 Bengals Draft Predictor Challenge - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 02.05.2011, 04:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
I think you just dont like him, he's a 5 year senior, 2nd most winning-est QB in college history (behind Colt McCoy) and he is doing fine.

EDIT: Oh and Locker was Mike Mayock's Number 1 rated QB coming out of the combine. So i think all the first round QB's apart from Ponder would have gone.

More from Mel Kiper: "AJ Green was a gimme and a great pick." Also noted Dalton, 5th year Sr., more equipped to start immediately than Gabbert.

All of the analysts say its a steal so it looks to me like your against Dalton because he was 3rd round talent? sorry but I haven't seen that anywhere on any draft board.
I don't think many people will be saying Dalton was a steal. Scott Wright said he was a bit of a reach but the pick isn't necessarily a bad one as the quarterbacks were off the board. Kiper said Dalton was a steal, but in the context of the fact that Locker went at 8 and Ponder at 12. In that context, perhaps it is, but in the context of his talent, no it wasn't. Citing his winning record is the same as citing Roethlisberger's record for saying that he is a top five quarterback. He isn't, he had a good team around him. Dalton had a lot of talent around him and played in a very weak conference, with only Utah giving him any competition. His record is very good, but you look at the team first, especially in college.

For the record, I like Dalton as a prospect, I like his work ethic and I like him as a person from what I have seen of him. However, I stand by the fact that I think he is merely an averagely talented prospect. I think his arm strength is poor, his accuracy is good on short routes but not particularly good on anything else and he still has a lot of development to do to become a decent starter. I maintain that a team will not win a Super Bowl with Andy Dalton at quarterback.

Could I be wrong? Of course I could. Do I hope I'm wrong? Of course I do. It's just my opinion of him at the end of the day from what I have seen and heard. If he gets to sit behind Carson Palmer for a couple of years then he could turn into a solid starter, but if he is thrust in straight away I think we are in for a long season. We won't have much of a deep game, which takes a lot away from an offense, and he will be learning on the job, especially if we don't have much of a training camp.

At the end of the day, it comes down to opinions. Just because some draft experts think Dalton can make it, it doesn't mean he will. Just because I think he won't, it doesn't mean he won't. My opinion is that he won't do anything, yours is that he will. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02.05.2011, 05:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
For the record, I like Dalton as a prospect, I like his work ethic and I like him as a person from what I have seen of him.
I like his wife / girlfriend whatever, who cares!

Let's hope she's on the sidelines jumping up and down supporting him!!!

I need to go find a cold towel I think
Old 02.05.2011, 07:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
I like his wife / girlfriend whatever, who cares!

Let's hope she's on the sidelines jumping up and down supporting him!!!

I need to go find a cold towel I think
Haha, yeah, she's the best thing about the pick