Could Finnegan be the answer? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 16.12.2011, 07:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Could Finnegan be the answer?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

A controversial, sometimes dirty player with amazing ability. I would certainly not be upset if they went for Cortland with a view to him replacing the ageing Clements. Then the Bengals would also have Adam Jones in the wings if Leon hall can't fully come back and be the same player as he was before the achilles rupture...
Old 16.12.2011, 08:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

A controversial, sometimes dirty player with amazing ability. I would certainly not be upset if they went for Cortland with a view to him replacing the ageing Clements. Then the Bengals would also have Adam Jones in the wings if Leon hall can't fully come back and be the same player as he was before the achilles rupture...
He'll demand more money than we'd be willing to pay. I don't think he's the kind of player who would fit in with what Marvin Lewis seems to be trying to build anyway. Good corner, but we can get a younger version without the baggage in the draft or through free agency.
Old 17.12.2011, 04:57 PM
All Pro

I'd be happy with him.
Old 19.12.2011, 10:20 PM
Rookie

Can't see it happening. If a vet is the way Marv wants to go, it will likely mean another year in stripes for Nate Clements. But with Leon Hall on one side, I can see the Bengals going after a CB in the Draft possibly as early as the first round considering they have two picks. With Adam Jones on the roster and the possibility of Nate Clements returning, there's no need to bring in another vet, it'll be a young guy or none I think.
Old 21.12.2011, 01:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgraybengals View Post
Can't see it happening. If a vet is the way Marv wants to go, it will likely mean another year in stripes for Nate Clements. But with Leon Hall on one side, I can see the Bengals going after a CB in the Draft possibly as early as the first round considering they have two picks. With Adam Jones on the roster and the possibility of Nate Clements returning, there's no need to bring in another vet, it'll be a young guy or none I think.
Especially not a vet on the kind of money Finnegan will command. I think Clements has played very well when Leon Hall was healthy. He's struggled a little as a number one corner, but as a number two he's more than adequate. I hope we do draft a corner, maybe in the second round or if someone like Janoris Jenkins dropped I'd consider him in the first. A guy like Stephon Gilmore out of South Carolina in the second round would be nice.

I'd still prefer to be looking at interior line help (David DeCastro) in the first if we get the chance, and maybe Mark Barron, the strong safety from Alabama, if he's there. I think our biggest needs are probably going to be guard (on both sides as Bobbie Williams can't last forever) and safety (strong more so than free, but Reggie Nelson still makes too many mistakes for my liking), with corner, running back (I'd be interested in LaMichael James if he dropped to round three as a situational guy who can take it all the way), receiver maybe later on if the right player was on the board.

Right now, I'd say my ideal draft would start with DeCastro and Barron, Gilmore in round 2, maybe James in the third although I'm not entirely comfortable with that one, or possibly some more strength on the d-line, as we seem to have faded a little towards the end of the season.