The Belichick coaching tree - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 30.12.2011, 07:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Default The Belichick coaching tree

I was getting my cup of tea this morning and then my mind started wandering as it does to american football matters. I read that another Patriots Off co-ord is under consideration to be a head coach next year by a number of teams....

I started thinking.... who has been majorly successful out of all of the head coaches who have fallen off the Belichick coaching tree.....I couldn't think of any.

Crennel - no
Mc Daniels - no
Mangini - no
Haley - no

Given the above lack of success I wouldn't be picking the fruit from that tree as the fruit seems to spoil very quickly and you'll soon be getting rid of it....
Old 30.12.2011, 11:04 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
I was getting my cup of tea this morning and then my mind started wandering as it does to american football matters. I read that another Patriots Off co-ord is under consideration to be a head coach next year by a number of teams....

I started thinking.... who has been majorly successful out of all of the head coaches who have fallen off the Belichick coaching tree.....I couldn't think of any.

Crennel - no
Mc Daniels - no
Mangini - no
Haley - no

Given the above lack of success I wouldn't be picking the fruit from that tree as the fruit seems to spoil very quickly and you'll soon be getting rid of it....
I think Crennel could turn things around. A lot of coaches have failed in Cleveland, and if he was to get the Chiefs job I think he could make a good whack of it. Haley didn't really do a bad job in KC either, not the best, but they made the playoffs last year so it can't be all bad.

I think part of the problem is that BB has so much control in New England that these coaches don't get enough experience before becoming a head coach. Belichick does a lot of work on that team, more so than a lot of head coaches, so co-ordinators from New England aren't getting the experience they need to become successful head coaches.

They then go away, learn quickly and maybe improve next time.