Thoughts.....???
Old 04.10.2011, 12:20 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
So that was Hell in a Cell!

Thoughts.....???
What I liked

Sheamus is really being built as Smackdown's Number 2 face. His match against Christian was pretty good.
Good to see Beth Phoenix finally pick up the Divas Championship. Natalya seems to work well as a manager.
Tag Match was a lot of fun to watch. The two teams really work together well.
Surprising to see Mark Henry retain but it was good to see.

So-So

I don't object to Alberto picking up the title but why take it off him in the first place.
IC Match was fine but isn't Morrison a RAW superstar.
Henry - Orton match was a bit shorter than I would have liked.
Not sure where they were going with the ending of the PPV.

What I didn't like

I couldn't get into the Sin Cara match at all.
The Cell was barely used. What happened to the times where fights happened on the top of the cell.
CM Punk's momentum seems to be fading.
Why do the WWE keep adding unannounced matches. If all matches were announced beforehand it might increase PPV buys a little.

Overall rating - 6/10

Last edited by Lancashire Bengal; 04.10.2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01.04.2012, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

So, it's Wrestlemania 28 tonight and FWIW it's a pretty good lineup. Predictions?

John Cena vs The Rock

Only one winner here and unfortunately it's not the Rock. Only way to make Cena's inevitable win interesting is through interference or a heel turn. Doubt either will happen...

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Should be the match of the night, even if the buildup hasn't been great. Punk seems the most likely winner but I can see Jericho stealing the win and having a short title run.

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

Taking Bryan to win this in some underhanded way or getting himself DQ'd so he keeps the title.

HHH vs Undertaker (Shawn Michaels as guest ref)

Wouldn't make sense for the Undertaker to have his unbeaten streak at WM ended by someone who's already failed twice. HBK to "accidentally" cost Triple H the match leading to a possible match between the two down the line.

Beth Phoenix & Eve vs Kelly Kelly and Maria whatever

Kelly and Maria to win and nobody honestly gives a monkey's.....

Team Johnny vs Team Long

6 on 6 tag matches are as dull as it gets, hoping Team Johnny gets the win to save us from another year of predictable tag team main events on Smackdown.....

Kane vs Randy Orton

Kane's career is winding down and there's no way they have him beating Orton here.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes

A Rhodes win would be the smart thing to do but he's dominated the buildup so much, I can't see any way he comes out on top.
Old 01.04.2012, 05:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
So, it's Wrestlemania 28 tonight and FWIW it's a pretty good lineup. Predictions?

John Cena vs The Rock

Only one winner here and unfortunately it's not the Rock. Only way to make Cena's inevitable win interesting is through interference or a heel turn. Doubt either will happen...
See I have a friend whos WWE mad and he is adamant that theres no way the Rock came back to lose so says he will win.

He hates Cena and used to love the Rock but has gone off the Rock after believing the Rock was back for good only to keep coming and going. He is now one of these guys calling him Dwayne.

I love the Rock and hope he wins but dont see how Cena recovers from a loss to the Rock so think he wins!
Old 01.04.2012, 05:44 PM
All Pro

I carnt see Cena making a Heel turn to be honest. Theve built his whole image as being this pin up for anti bulling and a role model that kids can look up to and seeing as this is a PG era i dont see why they would change him and undo a lot of the work that they have done over the last several years.
Old 01.04.2012, 09:33 PM
Starter

Rock wins, Cena then does the dirty on him setting up a Cena heel turn and a re-match at Wrestlemania 29.
Just an idea...
Old 01.04.2012, 09:58 PM
MVP

Apparently Brock Lesnar could return, just rumours though. I'd love that.

Should be a great show, interesting I can't see many heels winning.

John Cena vs The Rock

Can't see how they'd let the Rock win unless they want to set up a rematch. Would be the perfect occasion to turn Cena heel, doubt they have the balls to do so.

CM Punk (C) vs Chris Jericho

From what I hear Jericho isn't back for long. They're pushing Punk as a legit face of the company guy so he has to win IMO.

Daniel Bryan (C) vs Sheamus

Likewise with Sheamus as it was for Punk, they're pushing him very hard. Would love Bryan to win as he's the best thing going at the minute IMO, but the RR winner is long due a win.

HHH vs Undertaker (Shawn Michaels as guest ref)

Would make no sense to drop the streak here. Hoping HBK sets up some feud down the line with he and HHH though.

Beth Phoenix & Eve vs Kelly Kelly and Someone

Do not care.

Team Johnny vs Team Long

Mr Excitement FTW. Teddy Long is beyond useless so no way they're going with him on both shows.

Kane vs Randy Orton

Not much to say here, Orton looks the clear winner, bit of a filler match it would seem.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes (C)

Only to get the IC title off of Rhodes so he can start moving up.
Old 01.04.2012, 11:11 PM
MVP

Disgusting, unbelievable burial of Daniel Bryan.
Old 02.04.2012, 12:43 AM
All Pro

Any1 watching ? HHH match is crazy

But predictable with Taker kicking out of everything!
Old 02.04.2012, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

*SPOILERS ALERT*

So, the streak continues (thankfully). Sounds like another epic match too, although I wonder how many the Undertaker has left. Having Bryan lose in 18 seconds is a disgrace though I suspect we haven't heard the last of him in the world title picture. Kudos to Randy Orton for putting over Kane, doubt very much that John Cena would have done that. Punk beating Jericho was always going to happen I suppose, though I think it would have been far more interesting if Jericho had won the title.

Glad John Laurinaitis's team won as it means we should have seen the last of Teddy Long, sounds like it was a fairly naff match though. Big Show beating Cody Rhodes was the most predictable result of the night while the Women's match was (as usual) a colossal waste of time and I can't see how having the champion get pinned by a celebrity can possibly be a good idea.

As for Rock beating Cena, have to admit that took me completely by surprise. Ever since the match was announced, I've been 100% certain Cena would win. Very happy to be proved wrong. Just a shame there was no heel turn, although realistically I know that's never going to happen. Also disappointing that Brock Lesnar didn't make an appearance, if rumours about him signing a contract are true I'd be surprised if he didn't appear on Raw tonight.

Tags
fixed , ham-n-egger , kayfabe , know your damn role , not a sport , ring rat , smart mark , suck it!!!!!!