Marcel Dareus DT 4 18.18%
OTHER 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16.03.2011, 02:52 PM
All Pro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
I am not saying CB is a good pick. I just would prefer Peterson to any of the QB's at 4.

They would be crazy to invest a 1st round pick in a QB with the Plamer situation up in the air.
I rate Peterson but we have greater needs elsewhere. I only rate Newton as worthy of a top 5 pick out of the QB's but needs must.

If we manage to pick up a half decent free agent QB then we don't need to look at QB until the second or even third round.

Of course the CBA problems means that won't happen anytime soon.

Green is a highly talented player and worth the high pick but we have too many needs elsewhere.

We need someone to throw the ball and with Carson wanting out for whatever reason it puts the need for a quarterback for the franchise at the forefront.
Old 16.03.2011, 09:51 PM
Pro Bowler

I dont see how we can invest 1st round money in a QB while Palmer is potentially still on the payroll. Surely if this happens Palmer could cause problems by turning up for camp whenever that happens. They would have too much money invested in the one position and would either have to cut Palmer, which would play into his hands, or cut some of the other star players in another position. I dont think they should take that chance.
Old 17.03.2011, 09:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
I dont see how we can invest 1st round money in a QB while Palmer is potentially still on the payroll. Surely if this happens Palmer could cause problems by turning up for camp whenever that happens. They would have too much money invested in the one position and would either have to cut Palmer, which would play into his hands, or cut some of the other star players in another position. I dont think they should take that chance.
If we were that worried then we would trade him, which would be the best thing for everyone.
Old 17.03.2011, 12:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
If we were that worried then we would trade him, which would be the best thing for everyone.
A trade wont happen before the draft though which is why I dont think they can afford to put 1st round money into a QB. Pick the best defensive player available and worry about the QB later. I would rather give up on the season than let Palmer dictate the direction our off season takes. As much as Mike Brown is a useless owner he has to win his battle with Palmer.
Old 17.03.2011, 12:49 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A trade wont happen before the draft though which is why I dont think they can afford to put 1st round money into a QB. Pick the best defensive player available and worry about the QB later. I would rather give up on the season than let Palmer dictate the direction our off season takes. As much as Mike Brown is a useless owner he has to win his battle with Palmer.
Old 17.03.2011, 01:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Old 18.03.2011, 02:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
Can't remember the last time the Bengals did anything clever or innovative on Draft Day. So I reckon No
Last time we did anything remotely out of the norm in the draft was when we traded down in the 1st round (when Steven Jackson was still on the board and many other good players) and drafted Chris Perry. What a disaster that was ... actualy that entire draft was a complete waste of time.

2004 NFL Draft :

1 26 Chris Perry RB Michigan
2 49 Keiwan Ratliff CB Florida
2 56 Madieu Williams FS Maryland (was half decent but we didn't keep)
3 80 Caleb Miller LB Arkansas
3 96 Landon Johnson MLB Purdue
4 114 Matthias Askew DT Michigan State
4 117 Robert Geathers DE Georgia (has had one good year and got a huge contract but thats about it)
4 123 Stacy Andrews T Mississippi (looked like a prospect after years of developing then sucked and left)
5 149 Maurice Mann WR Nevada-Reno
6 183 Greg Brooks CB Southern Mississippi
7 218 Casey Bramlet QB Wyoming
Old 18.03.2011, 03:23 PM
All Pro

I think your view that the 2004 draft was a waste of time isn't true. Madieu Williams was a great player, one of my favourites and its a shame the Vikings nabbed him as he has been playing well in Minnesota.
I was gutted when Landon Johnson got picked up by Carolina. The guy was a workhorse. He may not have been the most flashiest player but the guy was always around the ball and I can't remember when he missed a tackle. The guy was a tackle machine.
Kinda funny that we replace the guy with a guy who plays as a LB with the same number called Brandon Johnson instead of Landon!
Old 18.03.2011, 03:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
I think your view that the 2004 draft was a waste of time isn't true. Madieu Williams was a great player, one of my favourites and its a shame the Vikings nabbed him as he has been playing well in Minnesota.
I was gutted when Landon Johnson got picked up by Carolina. The guy was a workhorse. He may not have been the most flashiest player but the guy was always around the ball and I can't remember when he missed a tackle. The guy was a tackle machine.
Kinda funny that we replace the guy with a guy who plays as a LB with the same number called Brandon Johnson instead of Landon!
Ah, back in the good old days where we had a Johnson at every position....

Rudi, Chad, Jeremi, Brandon and some others that I can't be bothered to remember.
Old 19.03.2011, 09:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
AJ Green for me. As much as anything to keep him out of Cleveland.
If Green falls to six we'll snap him up