Trading QB's - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 16.03.2011, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default Trading QB's

Trading QB's

Will Donovan McNabb remain a Redskin? Will Carson Palmer's trade demands be met in Cincinnati? NFL Total Access ponders their NFL futures.
Old 28.07.2011, 05:41 PM
All Pro

Resurrecting a thread....

A few QB's in the mix right now...Kolb is all but done to move to Arizona but I still can't see where the value is, the Eagles will be winners in my eyes here...

This quote was taken from NFL.com and says it all :

'....Sounds like the guy with a 3-4 record as a starter and more interceptions than touchdowns is headed for Arizona. It will be interesting to see what the compensation package is and if another team gets into the mix at the last minute. Bottom line: The Eagles are going to get a great deal.'

Everyone has 'potential'....
Old 01.08.2011, 10:47 AM
Rookie

Its no secret that Carson Palmer wont return to the Bengals this coming season. That leaves the team with a problem at QB

If i was Mike Brown i would look to trade him to bring in a QB in return

Andy Dalton was recently signed as our 2nd round pick, will he lead the offense this upcoming season? or will Marvin Lewis be looking for an experienced QB to fill the void
Old 01.08.2011, 04:49 PM
All Pro

The Bengals signed their 'veteran' already in Gradkowski. Dalton will, I feel, be the starter.
Old 01.08.2011, 10:58 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
The Bengals signed their 'veteran' already in Gradkowski. Dalton will, I feel, be the starter.
Lets trade him and get some defense help. Paging Miami for one of their young CBs
Old 01.08.2011, 11:07 PM
Pro

It would be interesting too see how much the Phins would give up for #9 since they're facing another season with Henne under center.
Old 04.08.2011, 06:07 PM
Pro

Grad makes sense - tho I wished we'd reached for Orton
Old 10.10.2011, 04:24 PM
Team Captain

Ressurecting this thread rather than starting a new one. Will Cinci trade Carson away or have we seen the last of him, in your opinion?

For me I can't see what the front office gains by letting him retire. They've gotta trade him away before week 6 IMO, they could probably grab a second round pick for him from someone.
Old 10.10.2011, 05:10 PM
Pro Bowler

2nd rounder??? Where is the value for a 2nd rounder?

Lets examine this. Since the 2005 season Carson has struggled. There have been numerous excuses banded around to protect him but in the end it was quite evident that Carson just couldn't play the QB spot at any higher level than mediocre. If you've seen him in the past few years he has been wholly inaccurate having a tendancy to throw off his back foot putting the ball too high a large percentage of the time.
Now I don't blame the guy if the reason why he is doing that is because the mental scars didn't quite heal as well as the knee - perhaps he just can't bring himself to put any risk into his knee.
Now whilst I wouldn't blame him for feeling like that (it was a horrible injury) this does devalue #9 significantly.
Now on top of that you're talking about a QB who is 31 years old (32 in December), plus he would have been out of football since January.....

I think I would be absolutely stoked with a 3rd rounder, I'd think that perhaps a 4th and a 5th more reasonable.
Old 10.10.2011, 08:11 PM
All Pro

Some more thoughts on the matter:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...or-Carson.html

Personally I think the only value in this is to trade now, or very soon - to a team who is totally desperate - Miami comes to mind.

Leaving things as they are just minimises the gain. Teams just write off a season after a couple more losses and plan for the Draft.

Other than that, a playoff bound time who loses a QB late might make a move for him, but that's less likely. He's gonna be so rusty and probably out of shape.

The real problem has to be the money side. His contract is still huge for a declining No.1, and makes him too expensive to be a backup.

I see him going nowhere.