2011 Bengals Draft Predictor Challenge - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 02.04.2011, 05:52 PM
Starter

Send a message via MSN to Huntsman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalblueboy1 View Post
Chaps - very interesting debate about who you want.However, you're on the 'predictor' challenge thread, which I was going to adjudicate on after the draft.Out of all the posts there are actually only 2 (and a quarter) entries so far.I understand that some people will wait to the last minute to make their predictions, but to make it easy for me to trawl through the entries can we have the debate about who we 'want' on the 4th pick thread please! This is the who we 'will' pick thread.
Just sayin'.......
I'll see you on this thread in 3 weeks then!!
Old 20.04.2011, 07:28 PM
Team Captain

Bumping the challenge up with a week to go.Make your draft prediction (remember-who you think we'll pick, not who you want).The winner can be deemed the most on the same wavelength as MB & ML.Good luck !

Points to be awarded as follows:
Right Player/Right Round - 20 pts
Right Player/Wrong Round- 15 pts
Right Position/Right Round -10 pts
Right Position/Wrong Round -5 pts

My final prediction:

1. Patrick Peterson CB
2. Ryan Mallett QB
3. Jarvis Jenkins DT
4. Robert Sands FS
5. Kelvin Sheppard LB
6. John Clay RB
7. Justin Boren OG
7. Derek Hall OT
Old 21.04.2011, 10:14 PM
All Pro

On another note which has little to do with the Bengals......

Isn't it a little annoying that when the Bengals and most other teams are getting ready to pick players high in the first round, Bill Bellichick is thinking of trading down or will get a player that usually produces better than most of the other picks in the top ten even if he picks 30th or lower in the first.

Why can't teams take a good look at what he does. It's quite simple. Bellichick picks scheme players. Players that fit his system and he knows exactly who those players will be and where and when they will fit.....

That's why he's such a good coach
Old 22.04.2011, 07:55 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
On another note which has little to do with the Bengals......

Isn't it a little annoying that when the Bengals and most other teams are getting ready to pick players high in the first round, Bill Bellichick is thinking of trading down or will get a player that usually produces better than most of the other picks in the top ten even if he picks 30th or lower in the first.

Why can't teams take a good look at what he does. It's quite simple. Bellichick picks scheme players. Players that fit his system and he knows exactly who those players will be and where and when they will fit.....

That's why he's such a good coach
Oddly enough teams do look at it and try to copy what he does. Not all teams of course, as some have their own philosophy, but when a guy is that successful he will be copied.

Plus he does make some mistakes. Not a massive number, but he's not perfect.
Old 22.04.2011, 10:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Oddly enough teams do look at it and try to copy what he does. Not all teams of course, as some have their own philosophy, but when a guy is that successful he will be copied.

Plus he does make some mistakes. Not a massive number, but he's not perfect.
Josh McDaniels is a great example of someone who tried to emulate him and failed badly.

You're right - it doesn't always work. Look at the historically terrible passing yards allowed for the early part of last season. He drafts players for schemes, but also those who can learn.

I also think Belichick doesn't teeach his young co-ordinator padawans everything and he doesn't need to cos he's also GM which is quite unique. He knows these guys are gonna go off and face him one day and I'm sure he keeps some cards very close to his chest. Or maybe he does and those guys are so arrogant that they go off and think they can tweak his strategies.

Whenever I've heard NFL scouts whinge it's more often than not about coaching staff falling in love with a player who doesn't fit the scheme. It's why teams who constantly changes schemes struggle so badly for ages - round pegs/square holes and all that.

Look at the way Green Bay do things. They stay with their guys, they stay with their schemes, they work through the draft. Contrast that to Washington. It's easy to blueprint NFL success, but not so easy to implement it.
Old 22.04.2011, 11:13 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
Josh McDaniels is a great example of someone who tried to emulate him and failed badly.

You're right - it doesn't always work. Look at the historically terrible passing yards allowed for the early part of last season. He drafts players for schemes, but also those who can learn.

I also think Belichick doesn't teeach his young co-ordinator padawans everything and he doesn't need to cos he's also GM which is quite unique. He knows these guys are gonna go off and face him one day and I'm sure he keeps some cards very close to his chest. Or maybe he does and those guys are so arrogant that they go off and think they can tweak his strategies.

Whenever I've heard NFL scouts whinge it's more often than not about coaching staff falling in love with a player who doesn't fit the scheme. It's why teams who constantly changes schemes struggle so badly for ages - round pegs/square holes and all that.

Look at the way Green Bay do things. They stay with their guys, they stay with their schemes, they work through the draft. Contrast that to Washington. It's easy to blueprint NFL success, but not so easy to implement it.
It's the best way for sure. Pittsburgh, Indy, New England. Sustained success comes from stability.
Old 23.04.2011, 03:43 PM
All Pro

Wink

So you're saying Washington don't have any continuity in that department or the Raiders? ;0p
Old 23.04.2011, 06:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
So you're saying Washington don't have any continuity in that department or the Raiders? ;0p
You're saying that Davis and Snyder don't want to be terrible? That's a new one on me.
Old 01.05.2011, 05:03 PM
Team Captain

Final results for the predictor challenge (only 3 had a go) are:

1. erenmus XIX - 50 pts
2. me - 45
3. Lancashire Bengal - 40 (only predicting the 1st 2 rounds -both bang on)

Well done erenmus XIX - you have earned a 'no prize' and the (dubious) honour of being the most in tune with the thinking of Mike Brown & ML.
Old 01.05.2011, 08:13 PM
Starter

lool what an honour!
Well it was a crazy draft so many QBs went which weren't meant to go so early and it kinda caught everyone by surprise, A.J Green seemed to be the consensus pick in all the mocks for us and Dalton was our best fit thats for sure just very glad we didnt reach for a QB.

Could you imagine if the bengals took Atlanta's offer! We would all have ended up with 10 points lol!

But im happy I am on the the same wavelength as Mike Brown, or am I?