NFLUK Mock Draft - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 09.04.2011, 08:05 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman86 View Post
Then tell me who they are and we'll see...
1, Patrick Peterson
2, AJ Green
3, Marcel Dareus
4, Nick Fairley
5, Da'Quan Bowers
6, Von Miller
7, Robert Quinn
8, Jake Locker
9, Muhammed Wilkerson
10, Corey Liuget

Just my opinion. I'd say Gabbert is in the conversation after Quinn (that is not in order, just the way they came into my head!), but I like Locker better than him, as well as the two d-linemen. He'd probably be number 11 for me.
Old 09.04.2011, 08:20 PM
Starter

Send a message via MSN to Huntsman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
1, Patrick Peterson
2, AJ Green
3, Marcel Dareus
4, Nick Fairley
5, Da'Quan Bowers
6, Von Miller
7, Robert Quinn
8, Jake Locker
9, Muhammed Wilkerson
10, Corey Liuget

Just my opinion. I'd say Gabbert is in the conversation after Quinn (that is not in order, just the way they came into my head!), but I like Locker better than him, as well as the two d-linemen. He'd probably be number 11 for me.
Wow thats an interesting list my man, Locker is talented but I am convinced he will not have a better career than Gabbert. But who knows, as we know success is not just down to the player...whos to say any player will succeed in this draft. This might be the most on the fence post I've made!
Old 09.04.2011, 08:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Wow thats an interesting list my man, Locker is talented but I am convinced he will not have a better career than Gabbert. But who knows, as we know success is not just down to the player...whos to say any player will succeed in this draft. This might be the most on the fence post I've made!
Haha, could well be

We'll have to wait and see with the draft. It's all opinion and speculation atm, which is what makes it so great!

If I was to put together a top ten big board, it would probably be something like this:

1, Nick Fairley
2, Patrick Peterson
3, Marcel Dareus
4, AJ Green
5, Da'Quan Bowers
6, Von Miller
7, Robert Quinn
8, Muhammed Wilkerson
9, Jake Locker
10, Corey Liuget

11, Aldon Smith
12, Blaine Gabbert
13, Julio Jones
14, Tyron Smith
15, JJ Watt
Old 09.04.2011, 08:39 PM
Starter

Quote:
Haha, could well be

We'll have to wait and see with the draft. It's all opinion and speculation atm, which is what makes it so great!

If I was to put together a top ten big board, it would probably be something like this:

1, Nick Fairley
2, Patrick Peterson
3, Marcel Dareus
4, AJ Green
5, Da'Quan Bowers
6, Von Miller
7, Robert Quinn
8, Muhammed Wilkerson
9, Jake Locker
10, Corey Liuget

11, Aldon Smith
12, Blaine Gabbert
13, Julio Jones
14, Tyron Smith
15, JJ Watt
You love the D line...7 out of 15 guys are D line...I'm not smart enough to make a big board and its not something that I want to be measured against but I obviously disagree with you on most of them and thats what we do! But I'll just chuck out a few more names to you...I think Cam Jordan is going to be a regular pro bowler, he's got it! The Prince is going to be a quality corner, has everything you want in a CB. Kerrigan is going to be a quality player in the NFL and I think if Gabe Carimi goes to a perennial contender he will be a Pro Bowler for years to come (which doesn't mean I think he'll be a Joe Thomas or Jake Long or of course Big Whit )...
Old 09.04.2011, 08:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
You love the D line...7 out of 15 guys are D line...I'm not smart enough to make a big board and its not something that I want to be measured against but I obviously disagree with you on most of them and thats what we do! But I'll just chuck out a few more names to you...I think Cam Jordan is going to be a regular pro bowler, he's got it! The Prince is going to be a quality corner, has everything you want in a CB. Kerrigan is going to be a quality player in the NFL and I think if Gabe Carimi goes to a perennial contender he will be a Pro Bowler for years to come (which doesn't mean I think he'll be a Joe Thomas or Jake Long or of course Big Whit )...
I do like the d-linemen in this class, the group is superb.

Cam Jordan would be in the conversation, and his versatility is a plus.

Prince A is a quality player as well, but doesn't quite have the skill set to be a shutdown corner. He could be a J-Jp/Leon Hall level corner, which is still very good, but it has been said that he lacks the measureables to excel in press coverage.

Kerrigan is a good player, and I like his work ethic. I think he will take a little longer to reach his potential than others, but he could be a top ten player from this draft.

Carimi is good, but I think Tyron Smith and Castonzo are both likely to be better left tackles. However, your point on where he ends up is a great one.

I'd say Adrian Clayborn will be a top ten player if he can overcome his movement problems. That's the only thing keeping him off that top 15. If he does then he becomes a stud.
Old 09.04.2011, 09:11 PM
Starter

Quote:
Excellent point on DE, would you take Gabbert if he was there?
In terms of need i would say QB is 3rd behind DE/DT and safety..Gabbert would be a quality player im sure but i can just see him playing in a Arizona jersey next season. Larry Fitz needs a QB or he is outta there!
Old 09.04.2011, 11:59 PM
Pro Bowler

I don't see how anyone can go with the idea of drafting a QB in the first so I agree with the OP who has wisely not bought the hype surrounding the top 2 QB's in the class.

Take the best player available and then take a QB in the second. I would have no problem with the Fairley/Mallet combo nor would I be against Dareus or Green combined with a lower rated QB in the second.

I know one thing, if they do take a QB with the 4th pick I may just go straight to bed because the first round of the draft will be dead to me, and I absolutely love the draft.
Old 10.04.2011, 10:04 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
I don't see how anyone can go with the idea of drafting a QB in the first so I agree with the OP who has wisely not bought the hype surrounding the top 2 QB's in the class.

Take the best player available and then take a QB in the second. I would have no problem with the Fairley/Mallet combo nor would I be against Dareus or Green combined with a lower rated QB in the second.

I know one thing, if they do take a QB with the 4th pick I may just go straight to bed because the first round of the draft will be dead to me, and I absolutely love the draft.
Fair enough make a statement like that, but at least give some reason why. I haven't always agreed with MDE but at least he has the courage to give a reason for his opinions which I massively respect. Your essentially saying that instead of backing the "hype" of BG and CN, you would buy the hype of Mallett?! He will make a great Madden player but will be a terrible pro. How would his selection be good for the Bengals?

What we do in the draft will be dictated by what the teams before us do and I have stated over various forum subjects that I wouldn't be adverse from taking the BPA. However, we need a QB and why not take a guy that is regarded a very excellent prospect that gives us a decent chance to win from Day One?! I do think if Darreus, Green or one of the DEs are there at 4 and BG is gone than go QB in round 2...dont just ruin it by taking Mallett. Otherwise more than the draft being dead to me, our season would be.
Old 10.04.2011, 10:07 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
In terms of need i would say QB is 3rd behind DE/DT and safety..Gabbert would be a quality player im sure but i can just see him playing in a Arizona jersey next season. Larry Fitz needs a QB or he is outta there!
You dont win the NFL without a QB man, if BG is there...take him!
Old 10.04.2011, 10:11 AM
Starter

Quote:
I do like the d-linemen in this class, the group is superb.

Cam Jordan would be in the conversation, and his versatility is a plus.

Prince A is a quality player as well, but doesn't quite have the skill set to be a shutdown corner. He could be a J-Jp/Leon Hall level corner, which is still very good, but it has been said that he lacks the measureables to excel in press coverage.

Kerrigan is a good player, and I like his work ethic. I think he will take a little longer to reach his potential than others, but he could be a top ten player from this draft.

Carimi is good, but I think Tyron Smith and Castonzo are both likely to be better left tackles. However, your point on where he ends up is a great one.

I'd say Adrian Clayborn will be a top ten player if he can overcome his movement problems. That's the only thing keeping him off that top 15. If he does then he becomes a stud.
I agree with what your sayin man and I guess the guys above come into play if we trade down (we wont) but helps put the board together. I'm worried about Clayborn long term, that injury sounds like one that will linger all his career. Oh and I'm still picking Dareus ahead of Fairley!! ha