2011 Bengals Refresher Course - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 13.08.2011, 07:42 PM
All Pro

Default 2011 Bengals Refresher Course

I have created this thread as a way for the fans who turn off the NFL from March to August (me) to catch up on what has happened with their team over the past few months. So could the Bengals faithful that follow the team 12 months a year please update me and the rest of the Bengal fans on what has happened over the tumultous offseason. Thanks.
Old 28.08.2011, 07:28 PM
Starter

you probably know this but Carson and chad have gone
Chad to the Pats for a draft pick
Antwan Odom cut due to injurys
Old 28.08.2011, 09:41 PM
All Pro

Thanks. Was hoping for this info earlier and a bit more, but I think I am caught up by now. Three of our best players, and Odom as well, have left this offseason which sucks.
Old 29.08.2011, 08:09 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster608 View Post
Thanks. Was hoping for this info earlier and a bit more, but I think I am caught up by now. Three of our best players, and Odom as well, have left this offseason which sucks.
I don't think we will miss Carson that much , he was good for us and should have been traded instead of calling it a day be but i have faith that Gradkowski and Dalton can get the job done .

i was quite surprised by Chad's departure , for a draft pick ( don't know what round )
Would have been good to see him play under Gruden
with a new QB throwing to him
Old 29.08.2011, 09:47 AM
Pro

New RD1 Draft Pick AJ Green looks very good. He'll be productive this season, and in a couple of years he might blossom into something really special - he's got speed and size working for him - all he needs are some accurate passes thrown his way.

Dalton is the weak link of the offense IMO. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with him - this was to be expected as a rookie QB thrown into a starting role. If he can keep his confidence high, get good pass protection from the O-Line and have a good running game backing him up (which we know he has in Cedric Benson), there's no reason he can't be successful.

This may be blind optimism that comes every year at about this time, but look for the Bengals to have a better season than last.

The defense looks more comfortable now that it's their second year in the new scheme (I think). That being said, the secondary has taken a couple of important losses in the short off-season and might be weak - time will tell.
Old 29.08.2011, 12:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
I have created this thread as a way for the fans who turn off the NFL from March to August (me) to catch up on what has happened with their team over the past few months. So could the Bengals faithful that follow the team 12 months a year please update me and the rest of the Bengal fans on what has happened over the tumultous offseason. Thanks.
Turn off from March till August?

You're a disgrace man
Old 29.08.2011, 01:41 PM
All Pro

Well NBA takes over from March to June. Then I have a couple of months off until the Premiership starts, which reminds me that the real football starts soon. Also, I have got back into wrestling which is a year round thing.

And trawling ESPN for rumours and lockout negotiations was unappealing to me this offseason!
Old 29.08.2011, 05:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Well NBA takes over from March to June. Then I have a couple of months off until the Premiership starts, which reminds me that the real football starts soon. Also, I have got back into wrestling which is a year round thing.

And trawling ESPN for rumours and lockout negotiations was unappealing to me this offseason!
Did you not watch the Draft either?
Old 29.08.2011, 05:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Trawling ESPN for any sensible information is a terrible job. James Walker must be the worst blogger out there, and his coverage of the Bengals is amateurish, at best.
Old 29.08.2011, 08:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Did you not watch the Draft either?
Don't have Sky Sports. Didn't fancy watching a stream of it for three days either, I was aware that we picked AJ Green and Dalton though.