53 man roster! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 03.09.2011, 09:19 PM
All Pro

Default 53 man roster!

Thought I'd start a new thread here to air our views on the named 53 man roster.

Bobbie Williams is out for 4 weeks due to substance abuse which is a real setback. A real shame to see Evans go at LB. I thought he looked good against the Colts and looked good on special teams too. I don't think he'll clear waivers to be able to go onto the practice squad, he'll be picked up.
Bengals go with five backs which is great cos Peerman had a great pre-season finalé and Pressley I thought blocked very well and certainly deserves to be the starting FB. I thought he was better than Fui Vakkapuna when Hard Knocks aired and was hard done by then....

Is it me or does the CB lineup look thin even with Pacman on PuP?

.... Hold on Jeromy Miles????? How did he make the cut... he played terribly in the pre-season. Hopefully they are just keeping him on the roster till they find someone better from other people's cuts!

Last edited by Bengalsman; 03.09.2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03.09.2011, 10:27 PM
MVP

It's a thin roster.

4 corners is not good, even with Pacman to come back. A lot is riding on whether Pacman manages to get back to game shape in time for after the bye. The safeties don't cover the gaps either.

The d-line rotation is poor compared to many, although there is potential for a good starting unit.

Missing Williams for 4 games is huge, he's a top guard even at his age, and he'll be missed.

The roster looks like one of a poor team, not surprisingly. We need to pull out some stops to do anything at all this season.
Old 04.09.2011, 12:03 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
It's a thin roster.

4 corners is not good, even with Pacman to come back. A lot is riding on whether Pacman manages to get back to game shape in time for after the bye. The safeties don't cover the gaps either.

The d-line rotation is poor compared to many, although there is potential for a good starting unit.

Missing Williams for 4 games is huge, he's a top guard even at his age, and he'll be missed.

The roster looks like one of a poor team, not surprisingly. We need to pull out some stops to do anything at all this season.
Perhaps Boling can step straight in at RG? There's been lots of positive talk about him.

Really, really don't like that set of LB's. I'd get Dhani back, he's not worse than most of that group.

Just went to check on NFL.com and poor Dhani ain't even on there

Perhaps we make a couple of moves for cuts and other roster-fodder
Old 04.09.2011, 02:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
Perhaps Boling can step straight in at RG? There's been lots of positive talk about him.

Really, really don't like that set of LB's. I'd get Dhani back, he's not worse than most of that group.

Just went to check on NFL.com and poor Dhani ain't even on there

Perhaps we make a couple of moves for cuts and other roster-fodder
It's a shame for Dhani, he had a decent year last year.
Old 05.09.2011, 12:46 PM
MVP

I see we only have 2 QB's now LeFevour has been cut.

Coffman gone as well. What a waste of a 3rd round pick that was
Old 05.09.2011, 02:50 PM
All Pro

Ex-Patriot Brandon Tate and ex-Eagle Mike McGlynn join the Bengals. Both can be nice backups and McGlynn can play anywhere on the line (perhaps a long term replacement for Williams?). Nice to see us sign two names who I instantly recongnised

Bengals still $18m under the cap, although earmarked at $11.5m for Palmer (who still gets paid if he turns up as he hasn't filed retirement papers), and $4.5 for Andre Smith's bonus.
Old 06.09.2011, 10:15 PM
All Pro

If André plays as well as he has done in the pre-season this year then I have no problem with him getting his bonus. He's starting to show why so many teams thought he was the number one OL in the draft in 2009.