Dare we start uttering the p word? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 08.11.2011, 08:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
Call me greedy but I want them to beat the Steelers twice and see Heinz Ward crying on the sideline wiping his tears away with a shredded, muddy yellow towel. I want to see the defensive line put Rothlisberger on his backside so many times that he becomes unable to sit down for a fortnight.
I also want the Bengals to win by so many points that the Pittsburgh faithful flood out of the stadium at halftime shaking their heads throwing their towels into the river....

THEN I will be happy!

If the Bengals only won two games in a year I would be quite hgappy with just two wins against the yellow and black.

Lol, Love it!
Old 09.11.2011, 01:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
Call me greedy but I want them to beat the Steelers twice and see Heinz Ward crying on the sideline wiping his tears away with a shredded, muddy yellow towel. I want to see the defensive line put Rothlisberger on his backside so many times that he becomes unable to sit down for a fortnight.
I also want the Bengals to win by so many points that the Pittsburgh faithful flood out of the stadium at halftime shaking their heads throwing their towels into the river....

THEN I will be happy!

If the Bengals only won two games in a year I would be quite hgappy with just two wins against the yellow and black.
The only problem with mentality is it all becomes about beating the Steelers. I would quite happily go 14-2 and lose 2 games to the Steelers. We could sit and have a bye week and watch teams knock the crap out of one another.

In 2005 we won in Pitt to win the division the players celebrated like they had won the SB. Unfortunately fate meant we had to play them again and we hadn't the balls for it.

I would rather build a new team that went to win every game, not just the divsion games.
Old 09.11.2011, 03:12 PM
Team Captain

Yes - not healthy to be 'so' excited about beating the Steelers. They get up my nose as much as the next man , but was it Hines Ward who said that we were like flies annoying an elephant. Getting overly excited about beating them just feeds that perception.
I want us to brush them aside with disdain - if this young D Line can bully them Sunday we are going to bully them for years to come.

Number 8 in the Power Rankings now -Steelers 4.Lets reverse those placements !