Week 4 Aftermatch - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 29.09.2013, 08:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Week 4 Aftermatch

So.... That was horrific.
5 Interceptions..... 5...... No Excuse!

Firstly where the hell have the Offencive line gone? How did they play that badly against an average Defencive front. They didnt give Joe time and they couldnt block in the run game. So whats the problem?!?
I know our WR's are still a work in progress. But the Bills secondary was basically the B team. Doss was truely awefull again. And made some bad decisions in the return game. Dickson has quickly become my most hated player (Closely followed by Doss!!) He is truley terrible when the ball is thrown his way.
I think we abandoned the Run game to soon. But then again with the way the Oline played its hardly surprising. I just cant get my head round it. You can come to terms with a loss when your out played by a superior team but i wasnt that impressed by the Bills at all.

The D played OK i thought. A few big mistakes by Webb i thought. But i thought Jimmy played better. I really thought we would get more pressure on the QB. The rush was very poor today. And he broke containment to easily.

I said at the beginning of the season that this year was a building year. But its still frustrating when we are beating ourselves.

The only uplifting thing about tonight... The Sqeelers are 0-4
Old 29.09.2013, 09:14 PM
All Pro

Anyone who is anyone in the Ravens Offence needs to find some answers and quickly. I don't care how bad it's going, you cannot abandon the run and pass 30 straight times in a game you're never down by more then 2 scores, it's just awful...

Flacco of course is gonna take the brunt of the blame (especially from the Flacco hating media), he made some awful throws (1st INT) but 2 (possibly 3?) were tipped off recievers and another was just an excellent play by the defender (Redzone pick). It doesn't help that he was offered very little in the shape of seperation, no run game to keep the D honest and no protection.

Awful just awful, I really still thought we had a legit playoff calibre team but now I'm really not sure. And now we have to play an excellent Miami team next week...
Old 29.09.2013, 09:54 PM
Starter

The theme of bad regular season road performances continues from last year.
Flacco will be criticised (and rightfully so) but the o-line is the root of the Ravens' problems. They've been overpowered four weeks straight in the run game and their pass protection is awful. On Flacco's endzone interception he had to take a huge drop back just to get time to throw.
The deep ball made a welcome return in the fourth quarter but it won't be won't be effective without a run game.
The D did ok given how much they were on the field but the pass rush was underwhelming today.
It's early but the next three weeks are huge. Two very tough games ahead against the Dolphins and Packers before heading to Heinz field in week seven.
Old 30.09.2013, 06:00 AM
MVP

Well that's us a quarter of the way through our schedule and we have plenty of room for improvement. The defense and the special teams are, for the most part, doing their part but the offense is horrible. Really horrible.

Where the hell has our running game gone?! I'm not an eagle eye when it comes to O-Line play but I have heard we have changed to a zonal blocking system this year. Could this explain the frightening drop off in production? Whatever the reason is I think Juan Castillo's jacket should be on a very shoogly nail right now. Look at Castillo's job title 'Run game co-ordinator'. WHAT GAME co-ordinator?!! We don't have a run game!!! It's absolutely ridiculous that we cannot run the ball when we have one of the best RB's in the league, a talented complimentary back and an O-Line that bullied it's way through the post season last year. There is no excuse for it at all. None. Zilch. Nada. If things don't pick up in this next two games then Castillo should be fired. End of story.

The passing game is slightly better albeit not much. The pass protection is poor and #5 is under pressure more than he ought to be. Add to that the fact that Torrey Smith is the only receiver we have who can seem to create separation with any regularity and it's easy to see why Joe Flacco's INT numbers are going up. Poor pass protection and receivers not getting open will ruin any QB's mojo and statistics. THROWING THE BALL 50 TIMES A GAME WITH THIS SET OF RECEIVERS IS INSANITY. For the record, I actually think Joe has been throwing the ball pretty well so far this season, although he obviously didn't yesterday. But that was his first bad game of the year so I'm not going to be overly critical of him right now.

The defense has really knuckled down since Week 1. The secondary still scares me sometimes but we're doing ok at defending the run and the pass rush is excellent. It's still not the Ravens D of old but I think we'll be fine on this side of the ball.

Special teams are fine also. We can still be a little bit hit and miss but a few minor corrections will sort that out. I'm not worried about this part of the team either.

One other thing that is really beginning to grate on me is the number of penalties we committ. Especially on the offensive line. It's getting out of hand and I don't understand why this isn't being tidied up. John Harbaugh is a great coach so surely he must see it and see it's a problem?

Losing to the Bills is a bad loss for us. They are not a good team and if we had done our job properly yesterday we would have beat them and been sitting alone atop the division now. We will now have to pick up a win somewhere else on the schedule to make up for this one that got away.
Old 30.09.2013, 11:14 AM
Pro Bowler

Looking over the game it seemed most of the trouble on the oline fell to Gino and Oher. A lot of pressure up the middle and Oher looked seriously over powered again.
Old 30.09.2013, 09:39 PM
Starter

Very honest press conference from Harbaugh today. Didn't attach any blame to his mate Castillo though.