Steelers Week - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 15.10.2013, 10:34 AM
MVP

Default Steelers Week

Well it's that time again folks. The rivalry may have lost some of the league wide interest it held 2 or 3 years ago but it's still a big game for both teams and both sets of fans.

How are you feeling about our chances?

I'm feeling a bit trepidatious about this game. It's not that I think the Steelers are a better team than us, I don't, but I feel like this game has come at a bad time for us. We look like a team that's drifting while the Steelers will be well up for this game and they will be buoyed by getting their first win of the season on Sunday. If they want to salvage anything from their season they need to win this game. It's a must win game for them, it's not really a must win game for us. Little things like that can make the difference.

My main worry about this game is obviously the matchup of our offense against their defense. The Steelers D doesn't create many turnovers these days but they are still a resolute bunch when they want to be and moving the ball won't be easy. Especially when we are incapable of running it! I can see Justin Tucker getting some action in this game.

On the other side of the ball I feel confident that our D can keep their offense under control. We should be able to limit them to modest gains on the ground and the Steelers passing game is pretty ordinary and pretty vanilla so our secondary should be able to cope with it. Hopefully Suggs and Dumervil can pound Roethlisberger into the Heinz Field mud a few times as well.

This looks like a classic Ravens - Steelers low scorer to me.

16 - 13 either way.

Last edited by Corvus corax; 15.10.2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 15.10.2013, 01:11 PM
All Pro

One thing that's guaranteed is I'm taking the over on sacks for my betting in this game! It could be double digit with these 2 offensive lines atm.
Old 15.10.2013, 04:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Iv got a gut feeling the Steelers are going to take this one.
Old 15.10.2013, 09:15 PM
All Pro

Sadly I see us losing this and then thankfully its a bye so we can regroup as we really need to!
Old 15.10.2013, 09:33 PM
All Pro

Your pessimism is encouraging gents, thank you!

Out of interest, are you guys also slightly miffed this isn't under the lights? Our duals usually are and that's the way I've become accustomed, I know this helps with work the next day and all, but this is a SNF game through and through, especially at HF? Just doesn't feel right.
Old 15.10.2013, 10:30 PM
Pro

Not confident but hope we can sneak a win and come out of the bye with some improvements. Either way it's not a disaster at this stage but a win would put us in a decent position with what I think is a stretch of very winnable games coming up after the bye.
Obviously the line is the key as it has been all season, if we can somehow run the ball then I think the rest of the offence can score and our D is good enough to get some turnovers. If the o line plays poorly again it's anyone's guess what happens.

As for the timing it suits me fine and probably unfair to have both games as night games this year. Oh and the fact I'll be at the thanksgiving game helps
Old 16.10.2013, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashing_Yards View Post
Your pessimism is encouraging gents, thank you!

Out of interest, are you guys also slightly miffed this isn't under the lights? Our duals usually are and that's the way I've become accustomed, I know this helps with work the next day and all, but this is a SNF game through and through, especially at HF? Just doesn't feel right.
This match up has lost a lot of it's luster but I agree it should be on prime time Suggs at Heinz Field is comedy gold! Haven't checked the schedule recently but if I remember correctly think the game at M&T later in the year is a prime time game.
Old 16.10.2013, 12:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashing_Yards View Post
Not so much. Neither team is pulling up any trees at the moment so it doesn't bother me as much as it normally would that it isn't one of the highlight games of the week. This is probably the least hyped I've been for a game against the Steelers for a while actually. I think that's just a by product of how deflating it is watching our offense right now.

PS. Why "especially at Heinz Field?"?
Old 16.10.2013, 02:24 PM
All Pro

This is a must win imo, the difference between 4-3 and 3-4 at the bye is monumental. Lose, and we're gonna find it really hard to make the playoffs. 4-3 and we have 2 weeks to sort out the run game and we're still in an excellent position to make the playoffs despite playing awfully on offence...
Old 16.10.2013, 04:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdo52 View Post
This match up has lost a lot of it's luster but I agree it should be on prime time Suggs at Heinz Field is comedy gold! Haven't checked the schedule recently but if I remember correctly think the game at M&T later in the year is a prime time game.
I'm not sure it has, it's lost some faces and some profiles synonmous with the early days of the rivalry but it's still an intense, physical and closely-fought game, even with back-up QBs running th show. Yes we're the last game of the Thanksgiving Thursday triple-header in November.

Quote:
Not so much. Neither team is pulling up any trees at the moment so it doesn't bother me as much as it normally would that it isn't one of the highlight games of the week. This is probably the least hyped I've been for a game against the Steelers for a while actually. I think that's just a by product of how deflating it is watching our offense right now.

PS. Why "especially at Heinz Field?"?
I think this game is not just about the form of the two organizations at present, it's about more than that, as all good rivalries should be, the way we've started this season has been appalling but bear losing to the Ravens? I'm not so sure I could. The reason why there is the lack of hype from elsewhere is because usually we're contesting as perennial post-season teams, at the moment not so much, but the games herald a little more than that for me.

Always loved it under the lights SNF at Heinz Field, don't know why, perhaps our great victories there against you.