Bye Week - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 29.10.2013, 03:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdo52 View Post
Cant believe more people haven't been talking about how poor we've been against the run. Especially with the additions to our D Line. Pittsburgh runners had avg. something like 60yds a game then they go for 100+ on us.
I don't think we've been that bad against the run. We're currently ranked 7th in the league in that category and we are only giving up 3.8ypc.

Obviously the performance against the Stoolers was a let down but I'm sure the run D will bounce back.
Old 29.10.2013, 03:33 PM
Rookie

One player that I do like this season is Courtney Upshaw, think he's done quite well alternating with Dumervil. Hopefully he'll continue to improve!
Old 30.10.2013, 09:56 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
I don't think we've been that bad against the run. We're currently ranked 7th in the league in that category and we are only giving up 3.8ypc.

Obviously the performance against the Stoolers was a let down but I'm sure the run D will bounce back.
I know I refereed to stats in my post but it's not so much the stat line I was looking at. We don't seem to be able to stop the run when we need to, it just seems in games I've watched that teams have managed to get the big runs at crucial points in the game. Stop them when it matters sort of thing it's more of a feel I get when watching if you know what I mean.
Old 30.10.2013, 10:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
I know I refereed to stats in my post but it's not so much the stat line I was looking at. We don't seem to be able to stop the run when we need to, it just seems in games I've watched that teams have managed to get the big runs at crucial points in the game. Stop them when it matters sort of thing it's more of a feel I get when watching if you know what I mean.
I get what you mean and completely agree, it's been especially noticeable the last 2 games.

The same goes for the run game on offense, I know it's been bad anyway but we struggle so much to convert 3rd and 1s or similar, conversions that should be automatic but instead we're getting hit for 2-3yd losses and ending drives...
Old 30.10.2013, 11:11 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is the problem with the 'bend but don't break' Defense. Everyone's pointed to the lack of points we've given up in last 2 weeks, which is good, but bend but don't break is useless when you're against the clock and need to get the ball back, as we were against GB and Pittsburgh.

It's not just this this season- it would have cost us in the Superbowl but fortunately the 49ers needed a TD as opposed to a FG and we were able to get the stop on our own goalline.
Old 30.10.2013, 01:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I do know what you mean. I call it the eyeball test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
This is the problem with the 'bend but don't break' Defense. Everyone's pointed to the lack of points we've given up in last 2 weeks, which is good, but bend but don't break is useless when you're against the clock and need to get the ball back, as we were against GB and Pittsburgh.

It's not just this this season- it would have cost us in the Superbowl but fortunately the 49ers needed a TD as opposed to a FG and we were able to get the stop on our own goalline.
I totally agree with this. I hate 'bend but don't break' defense. It's just not Ravens football to play that way.

I like to see defenses that contest every single yard and try to get the offense off the field as quickly as possible. I don't like the mentality of 'It's ok if they move the ball up and down the field as long as we keep them out of the endzone'.

Bend but don't break defenses are never feared. I'd like us to return to the days when opposing teams were fearful of coming up against the Ravens defense.
Old 30.10.2013, 03:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I totally agree with this. I hate 'bend but don't break' defense. It's just not Ravens football to play that way.

I like to see defenses that contest every single yard and try to get the offense off the field as quickly as possible. I don't like the mentality of 'It's ok if they move the ball up and down the field as long as we keep them out of the endzone'.

Bend but don't break defenses are never feared. I'd like us to return to the days when opposing teams were fearful of coming up against the Ravens defense.
100%

Our Franchise was built on smack you in the mouth football. Bring back the days of exotic blitzes and all out war!
Old 30.10.2013, 05:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
100%

Our Franchise was built on smack you in the mouth football. Bring back the days of exotic blitzes and all out war!
Damn straight.

Tell you what, when sexy Rexy finally gets the big E in NYC I would take him back as DC in a heartbeat. He'd put the physicality and fear factor back into our Defense.
Old 30.10.2013, 06:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Damn straight.

Tell you what, when sexy Rexy finally gets the big E in NYC I would take him back as DC in a heartbeat. He'd put the physicality and fear factor back into our Defense.
We need something to make our defense work again!
Old 30.10.2013, 08:19 PM
All Pro

Agreed, what happened to these exotic blitzes we were heard a lot about over the offseason from Pees & Co?

We definitely need to get rid of this mentality, it's hurting the offence and as a result, hurting the team.