Bryant McKinnie on Juan Castillo - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 02.11.2013, 02:03 PM
MVP

Default Bryant McKinnie on Juan Castillo

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2irBqFr4E

McKinnie confirming that Juan Castillo has made changes to the way the offensive line is blocking this year. Some people may take the view that McKinnie has an axe to grind and his comments are sour grapes but I don't buy that. Having watched how hopelessly out of sync the offensive line is this year I am inclined to believe what McKinnie is saying here.

My question is this: Our running game has been a strength of the team for years so why the hell would you want to go and change it?

For me this is a classic case of a coach making changes for the sake of change. If Castillo came in as run game co-ordinator and just kept everything the way it was then there is no kudos in it for him. So instead he comes in and tries to enforce his idea of how it should be done onto the players. Well Juan, it ain't working!

Castillo has turned one of the strongest parts of our team into our most glaring weakness. I wish John Harbaugh would fire this bum.
Old 04.11.2013, 01:13 AM
Rookie

After tonight's game Castillo's got to go. It's pathetic but I get the feeling it'll be Cam Cameron over again, in 5 years time he'll go and we'll miraculously improve.
Castillo's the guy who got Andy Reid fired after making the playoffs just about every year. Harbaugh needs to act before it happens to him.
I can't see where our next win is coming from at present. We're a bad team but it's easily fixed. We've got the defence and passing game both still looking good under the circumstances, change Castillo and the zone blocking and we could still do something this year.
Old 04.11.2013, 12:48 PM
All Pro

If Castillo is still around come the Steelers game at the Bank, be on the look out for a giant Castillo out Banner, that'll be me...

Harbs is damaging his legacy by sticking with this bum, we won't be making th playoffs now, we just need to go out and play ball in the 2nd half of the year, 7-9 is the best I see us doing.

At least we can have picks between 10-17 to do some work, no matter how bad we do on the field, we can always trust Ozzie to get it done off it. Will be weird (in a very good way), to see what Ozzie can do with some higher picks then in previous years.
Old 04.11.2013, 01:01 PM
Team Captain

So annoyed with this team and coaching staff this year. We can all see the problem and its got even worse now KO is out. It was repeated yesterday by the comms you need athletic linemen to use the zone scheme and we have one or two but its not working the guys we have are built to fight one on one get to the second level with power and toughness. i dont know if this will serve as a wake up call but harbs saying scheme changes and we have got to get better is one thing actually doing it is another but we know he can and will do it but he also can get to friendly with his staff lets hope he clicks soon or this season is in the pan
Old 04.11.2013, 01:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool Raven View Post
So annoyed with this team and coaching staff this year. We can all see the problem and its got even worse now KO is out. It was repeated yesterday by the comms you need athletic linemen to use the zone scheme and we have one or two but its not working the guys we have are built to fight one on one get to the second level with power and toughness. i dont know if this will serve as a wake up call but harbs saying scheme changes and we have got to get better is one thing actually doing it is another but we know he can and will do it but he also can get to friendly with his staff lets hope he clicks soon or this season is in the pan
Why would it? The previous 7 haven't served as wake up calls, this the first year I've really felt like Harbs has failed to make changes when they needed to be made.
Old 04.11.2013, 02:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Why would it? The previous 7 haven't served as wake up calls, this the first year I've really felt like Harbs has failed to make changes when they needed to be made.
His own in game management (Harbs) hasn't been the best either. Hard to point the finger at other coaches when you yourself have been poor I guess.