Breaking News! 2018 NFL London Games announced - Tickets sold out - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2018 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 11.01.2018, 04:34 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Set View Post
Why would Oakland give up a home game against the Seahawks? If I’m an Oakland fan I’d prefer that game in the black hole!
Both the Raiders and Chargers are moving and therefore under NFL rules they have to play an IS game. I suspect the Rams are heading to Mexico under the same rule.

It does make me wonder if no one else stepped forward to play in the IS this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 11.01.2018, 04:35 PM
Team Captain

Slightly disappointed with the reduction to 3 but can see why it was done, I guess Twickenham wasn't even considered at all.

Great matchups though, and buzzing to get to see my boys, providing my season ticket renewal goes to plan
Old 11.01.2018, 04:39 PM
All Pro

Seattle Seahawks @ Oakland Raiders
Week 6 (Tottenham)

No surprise that Oakland Raiders were a home team, not a bad team to come over with players like Carr and Mack. Attention will be on Raiders next year anyway because of Gruden, can call this the Lynchbowl!
Seattle Seahawks are a team i've wanted to see for years. It's a shame that we won't get to see them until now, but I'd rather see them this year than future years, because I think they'll be going down the standings.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 7 or 8 (Wembley)

Happy to have all of these new teams over and Eagles are a great pick. They're top of the NFC and with Wentz back, it'll be a very tough game for my Jaguars.

Tennessee Titans @ Los Angeles Chargers
Week 7 or 8 (Wembley)

Suspected Los Angeles Chargers would also be a home team, I'd struggle to get behind them and support them as the home team, but with Titans, probably my second most hated team being on the road, I'll easily cheer the Chargers.

Pros
Probably the best average quality of games this year.
Jaguars.
No Twickenham!!!
Better Quarterbacks on display than usual.

Cons
No Rams. I started to adopt them as a second team.
Shame we don't have four games again.

Now I need to hope that Jaguars are not playing the Giants betwee weeks 6 to 8.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:39 PM
All Pro

As attending the London IS involves a full weekend Fri-Mon for me and Mrs P, then we go to one fixture. This time, we will be going to the Jags v Eagles.

Reasons? We take Sapphire hospitality, we know how good it has been at Wembley since we first went in 2010, and it will be an unknown quantity at Spurs. The Seahawks v Raiders is a tasty matchup, but I genuinely believe a Carson Wentz Eagles offense v that Jags defense is even more tasty. I also have a soft spot for the Jags, the public transport to Wembley is good, and finally.... that Spurs stadium looks like there’s a long way to go before being ready. Indeed, the panel on that Facebook live event clearly think this opening Seahawks v Raiders game will be a learning experience. Well, once they’ve learned, we’ll give them a go.... until then, given how expensive it all is, I’ll stick to Wembley, tried and trusted.

Go Jags!

Three great matchups though. Very interesting games all three.

Last edited by pozbaird; 11.01.2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:40 PM
Team Captain

Buzzing, regardless of fewer games. Highlight of the year for me.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:42 PM
Rookie

Really good line up I think. What's the usual cost of a season ticket? Interested in seeing all 3 games.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:45 PM
All Pro

I guess puma approves, he hasn't been on to slag off the matchups yet...
Old 11.01.2018, 04:45 PM
Starter

Cracking series of games! My team vs my AFC team in Eagles-Jags and another team I think will be right in Superbowl contention next year in the Chargers. Grundenshire-Seattle pretty good too.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:47 PM
All Pro

i think 3 is the proper amount of games in proportion to the popularity and i kinda thought last year it was squeezed in and as always conflicted with top premier league and rugby games which hit viewing audiences.

the games look A ok. grinding my teeth saying can't wait for the seahawks / raiders @ the spuds.
Old 11.01.2018, 04:54 PM
Pro

Dear NFL,
I'm sorry to say this but I will not be renewing my season ticket for the London games this year despite feeling that the games offered apparently being of a higher quality than last years.
Your dreadful treatment of long term fans and continued support of Deltatre as the supplier of Gamepass in the UK and Europe despite the massive loss of quality and functionality with the new service, means that I won't be spending my money on anything offered by the NFL.
Only when the quality and functionality of Gamepass returns to the standard offered by Neulion up to 2016 will I spend my money on any NFL products.