Raiders v Seahawks Possibly Moving to Wembley - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2018 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 26.07.2018, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Default Raiders v Seahawks Possibly Moving to Wembley

NFLUK have just released a statement on Twitter this afternoon that the there’s a possibility the game could be moved to Wembley.

https://twitter.com/nfluk/status/102...348532736?s=12
Sponsored Links
Old 26.07.2018, 08:48 PM
Starter

I'm sure they always had the plan of keeping Wembley as a fall back option, and had an agreement with Wembley to keep the date free. However this statement suggests they is a good chance they will switch the game to Wembley, which is where it always should have been.

I just hope they have made a decision before September 4th on whether to move the game or not, would be a fiasco if they sell tickets for Tottenham and then switch to Wembley a few weeks before the game.
Old 27.07.2018, 09:30 AM
Pro

Fingers crossed the toilet bowl stadium will not be ready and we can have it at Wembley.
All ST holders can have full allocation, better venue, better facilities, parking ect. Everyone's a winner.
Old 27.07.2018, 11:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight49 View Post
Fingers crossed the toilet bowl stadium will not be ready and we can have it at Wembley.
All ST holders can have full allocation, better venue, better facilities, parking ect. Everyone's a winner.
Matter of opinion but i dont think Wembley is a "better venue". Just cos its hired out by the FA to any event going, in order to claw back the exorbitant build costs, people believe the PR that its the "best".
Old 27.07.2018, 05:06 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Matter of opinion but i dont think Wembley is a "better venue". Just cos its hired out by the FA to any event going, in order to claw back the exorbitant build costs, people believe the PR that its the "best".
Obviously depends on where you live but for most people Wembley is easier for people to get to as it has all the right infrastructure in place.

Wembley can also hold more people so more fans will get to see the game, it isn't right that loyal season ticket holders will miss out on what is particularly desirable game compared to the games we've had in past years.
Old 28.07.2018, 12:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Desirable game? Maybe a year or 18 months ago.
Seahawks are a shadow of what they were 2012-2016 with most of the star players having moved on, with the team unable to repeat the formula with their replacements. Likely coming 3rd in the NFCW
Raiders, are they 2016 Raiders or 2017 Raiders? If they are the later, which i think they will be as they only have 3 play makers (Carr, Cooper and Mack) and im not convinced Gruden will amount to much after a decade out of coaching. Again they could be the 3rd placed team in the AFCW. Unlikely theyll win the div.
So, apart from to the UK fans of the 2 teams, is this game really any more desirable than previous matchups of average looking teams?
Old 29.07.2018, 11:25 AM
Pro

Possibly not, but the UK fandoms for both are huge afaik.
Old 29.07.2018, 12:12 PM
Pro Bowler

Large number of UK Raiders fans i can believe, due to their reasonable success during the 80s when the game was first shown over here. Tend to be very knowledgeable. Though dont start talking NFL to someone just cos theyre wearing a Raiders hat if theyre under 30 as theyre more likely wearing it as a "fashion" item rather than as a fan.
UK Seahawks fans. The majority ive come across got on board around 2012/13 (some in the mid 2000s around the super bowl with the Steelers) and in recent years have little knowledge of their team outside the Wilsons and Baldwins. Likely to jump ship if the 49ers live up to their hype and the Rams continue last years good form for another few years.

Like i said 2 years ago this wouldve been a big coup game for a neutral, enabling them to see some really top players at their peak. Whereas now it 2 teams that about average with a few high profile players between them.

FWIW i really enjoyed the atmosphere/eccentricity the Raiders brought with them back in 2014 when they played the Dolphins.
Old 30.07.2018, 08:09 AM
Pro

I'll agree on the Seahawks, it's a pity most of the defence from two years ago has either moved on or retired. It's not quite the game it could have been, but if you've been waiting an age to see your team here, then you are going to want to go. Seahawks can't play as bad as the Cards did at Twickers... sheesh... that was horrible.
Old 30.07.2018, 03:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemers View Post
I'll agree on the Seahawks, it's a pity most of the defence from two years ago has either moved on or retired. It's not quite the game it could have been, but if you've been waiting an age to see your team here, then you are going to want to go. Seahawks can't play as bad as the Cards did at Twickers... sheesh... that was horrible.
Cards played better and with more effort than the Ravens and Miami (especially Cutler https://youtu.be/sSB5OpDOTcA ) did