The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2018 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 28.09.2013, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Good to see an officer of the law keeping pace with the guys wearing black hats.
Black hats?
Sponsored Links
Old 30.09.2013, 10:37 AM
Pro Bowler

What would be good would Ticketmaster allowing fans to resell at Face Value only (maybe plus fees).

That way it would be out of the NFL's hands. All tickets (which have to be purchased initially through TM) can be traced etc if necessary.
Old 30.09.2013, 10:56 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoJackoUK View Post
What would be good would Ticketmaster allowing fans to resell at Face Value only (maybe plus fees).

That way it would be out of the NFL's hands. All tickets (which have to be purchased initially through TM) can be traced etc if necessary.
That's exactly what Ticketmaster have done for many years (via their "Getmein" site).
You can resell at face value on there if you want to, just like you can on the similar sites of their competitors.

Hopefully it would be bought by a fellow fan, but (like any other "non personal" ticket sale), it might also be hard to avoid your ticket being bought by an agency/tout (or someone working for them).
Old 30.09.2013, 11:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
That's exactly what Ticketmaster have done for many years (via their "Getmein" site).
You can resell at face value on there if you want to, just like you can on the similar sites of their competitors.

Hopefully it would be bought by a fellow fan, but (like any other "non personal" ticket sale), it might also be hard to avoid your ticket being bought by an agency/tout (or someone working for them).
You can sell on most of these sites at face value if you want to, just when it comes to it most people prefer to profit.
Old 30.09.2013, 11:44 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
You can sell on most of these sites at face value if you want to, just when it comes to it most people prefer to profit.
Yep - Seller is happy (assuming they get their price), Site is happy (more commission), Touts are happy (Price premiums maintained).
Old 17.10.2013, 10:06 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
No but it breaks the rules with regards to advertising and could be seen as a sneaky way of selling through the forum.
Old 17.10.2013, 12:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
No but it breaks the rules with regards to advertising and could be seen as a sneaky way of selling through the forum.
No problem. Thank you
Old 03.12.2013, 02:30 PM
Rookie

But really annoying when these sellers haven't even received the tickets!!
Yes, I understand its is a 'safe' site - especially for touts.
Surely some sort of limit could be imposed?
Old 03.12.2013, 07:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post

See, I hate these sites because they also charge so much in fees. They take a cut of what the seller makes, so to get face value back you have to sell for more anyway, but then they add huge fees to the buyer as well so it's much worse. The really annoying thing though, is that even with all this, they pay you after the event (so these touts won't even get paid for a year) and it puts me off selling.

I found better seats than the ones I purchased available, but they do make it impossible to sell them on honestly to another honest fan.
Old 04.12.2013, 01:36 AM
All Pro

Thumbs down The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum

Because of fees, hassles and the like - plus the small fact I swallowed the hype leading up to the inaugural IS game (Fins v Giants) that the NFL commish (Mr Kirkwood) and the Sky guys were spouting about not only was it all sold out way before hand but that demand meant they could of sold out Wembley 3 times over I never tried to sell spares via third party websites.

It led me to not be to unduly concerned when a few of my work colleagues baulked at the costs and renegaded about going after I had bought and fronted on my credit card for several tickets. I just decided I'd have no trouble selling them at face plus booking/postage fees (just what I had shelled out) on the day as after all that very first game they was showing the game on big screens in Wembley Arena to for those not lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the big game live.

Alas it was all propaganda - I stood out in the pouring rain for hours (instead of tail gating with my mates that had paid for their tickets as per their word). In the end I went past the kick off before admitting defeat and taking the hit - but what still grates me to this day was not even a reply from the NFLUK offices to my post game letters to them to ask why they were giving away FREE tickets on the day... YES people you read that right. So TV audiences would not see empty seats in Wembley stadium and thus sus the hype was just that hype, the Wembley Arena big screens that first year I suspect was the NFLUK's clever back up to be able to have lots of fans on tap they could use to fill the stadium and any empty seats with. They did just that to as I saw with my own eyes as many people who came to collect tickets to Wembley Arena that I thought might like to buy my spares were met by a lady from NFLUK with a clip board and after a few questions were up graded - given tickets to the real game gratis. So I had no chance of selling mine at face value or even less compared to that - fair enough if I was a tout - tough... but I am just a genuine fan that wanted to get others into the game that had work acquaintances flake on me and had no idea come the day I'd be competing with the NFLUK themselves giving out freebies.... I just expected touts to be unhappy at me selling things for cost but what I think is worse is not even being acknowledged by NFLUK after the event when I took the time to write in to them about this post game. They didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my letter. After no reply the first time I re-sent the letter with a covering letter to Alastair Kirkwood himself - recorded delivery this time - but still not so much as a standard response. I didn't expect them to give me my money back or anything like that but I did expect (and it would of been nice) to have gotten a reply and know why they did this especially as I was left hundreds of pounds out of pocket - basicly ending up paying for 3 seats - while other fans got in free. I would of felt it a matter of courtesy (and good business practice) to reply to my letter but no, nothing.

Any way it means since then I have been wary of believing the hype and until next season when my team is coming had lost interest to bother going especially at the sky high ticket costs.

Games I have fancied I have rocked up on the day and bought one under face value as there's always spares or touts left with extras on the day - once the game has kicked off the value of the ticket is deprecating by the minute and touts want to go home so have never failed to bag one for a score (20 GBP) just after kick off - done this twice now.

Naturally as it's my team coming next year will most likely pre-buy tickets at full cost as I wish to not have this drama as I want to tailgate and soak up the pre game fair plus sit with my mates but will make sure this time all peeps I front for are trusted mates or that I get a deposit up front before buying.

Go Lions!