Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 228 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 29.12.2008, 07:43 PM
All Pro

DE is the number 1 priority.
I want Suggs and think we should make a move for him. If get him then WR can be a 1st round pick but who to take? Crabtree will be gone and while i really like the other talents available I don't see them being good fits.
Old 29.12.2008, 10:49 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton3434 View Post
Well, the Texans exposed all our problems nicely.

The D is the priority this off season. The fact is we have no pass rush and our run D ranking is misleading; we blitz constantly causing a lot of negative/low runs, when we don't blitz we don't stop the run and can't stop the pass. We give up way to many points.

by priority: DE, safety, DT, WLB. I actually think our CBs are pretty good if they are not left so exposed.

The Offense needs an overhaul at WR (maybe Bennett will be ready next year, maybe not). Keep Hester and Lloyd, dump the rest.

We can pick up O line deep into the draft, so unless there is a genuine super star in our range that is not a day one priority. I would also like to see a power back picked up on the cheap; our short yardage running is poor, a big old horse can help that.

Unless we grab a great free agent QB, Orton will have to do.

By priority (not draft order): G, WR, T, RB, QB.

Coaching changes, give me a new D coordinator and I'll be happy enough.
WLB is not a priority, Briggs was one of the better players on D this year. MLB and SLB are more problematic. Urlacher has declined and perhaps would be better on the outside, Hillenmeyer and Roach have been serviceable.

Offence is ok (play calling aside) except for a desperate need at WR and some Oline depth that is not Fred Miller.
Old 31.12.2008, 08:46 AM
All Pro

It appears the McNabb bandwagon just gathered a bit more pace:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...3620893.column
Old 31.12.2008, 02:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dux783 View Post
It appears the McNabb bandwagon just gathered a bit more pace:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...3620893.column
Certainly hope they don't trade Urlacher !!!
Old 31.12.2008, 11:15 PM
All Pro

TBH Urlac hasnt been himself,I think there is more to his neck injury than meets the eye...

I dont see JA letting the face of the franchise go IMO.
Old 01.01.2009, 10:27 AM
All Pro

Urlacher won't be going anywhere. Angelo has backed him to the hilt.
Reading between the lines, the QB situation seems to be more about bringing in a backup who *might* be able to be the starter, if necessary.
I can't see past Orton though for next year.
Old 01.01.2009, 06:13 PM
All Pro

God, I can't believe I've not been on NFLUK since it's been updated; I was having a little trouble with my account, but I managed to sort it out.

Despite exceeding my expectations this season I was left felt disappointed after the loss to the Texans, mainly because we'd lost at least 2-3 games that we should have had in the bag. (Atlanta comes to mind)

However, even if we had managed to beat the Texans and make the playoffs we wouldn't have got very far with our misfiring offense and spotty defense, so you can't complain.
Old 01.01.2009, 09:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeNeil View Post
God, I can't believe I've not been on NFLUK since it's been updated; I was having a little trouble with my account, but I managed to sort it out.

Despite exceeding my expectations this season I was left felt disappointed after the loss to the Texans, mainly because we'd lost at least 2-3 games that we should have had in the bag. (Atlanta comes to mind)

However, even if we had managed to beat the Texans and make the playoffs we wouldn't have got very far with our misfiring offense and spotty defense, so you can't complain.
yeah kinda agree with you Jerome,I was in two minds weather it was a good thing that we didnt make the play off's.If we did Lovie would have taken it as there wasnt anything wrong with are OC or DC,but now JA has put his foot down and looks like there will be some good change's coming...hopefully Bobitch is gone..
Old 02.01.2009, 06:05 PM
All Pro

all said and done now i think the season was better than I expected and Forte looking good all year....D was ok in patches....big year next year for sure..
Old 02.01.2009, 07:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
all said and done now i think the season was better than I expected and Forte looking good all year....D was ok in patches....big year next year for sure..
year Tel,

all the pundits where saying at the start of the season,that we would finish behind the pack and the vikings and most likely have a 7-9 season.Most and me as well,didnt see us winning against the Colts in the season opener and we gave them a 29-13 stomping.But we lost to many close games and left it till the last game of the season to try and make the play off's.We should have been more 11-5 than 9-7,but with changes in the off season and a good draft,I see us getting back to the Play Off's next year.

True Bear and proud of it...