2018 Pre-Season games thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 03.08.2018, 02:03 PM
All Pro

Default 2018 Pre-Season games thread

The 2018 pre season is upon us - and for those of us mad enough to watch a bunch of fellas who'll end up serving in Starbucks come October, here's the thread to put your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old 10.08.2018, 11:03 AM
All Pro

Saw a round-up of the games yesterday. Thought Mayfield looked pretty good?
Old 10.08.2018, 11:34 AM
All Pro

Still think Lamar Jackson is Tim Tebow 2.0
Old 10.08.2018, 11:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Saw a round-up of the games yesterday. Thought Mayfield looked pretty good?
I saw several plays as I skipped through the highlights. Certainly made plays with both his arm and his feet. Elusive in the pocket too. It'll be interesting to see how the Browns manage Taylor and Mayfield.

It's nice to have football back but it's tough to get too excited about pre season imo. It's hard to know what to trust and ultimately it's about giving young, inexperienced players reps and protecting your valuable veteran starters.
Old 10.08.2018, 03:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Set View Post
Still think Lamar Jackson is Tim Tebow 2.0
Early days but he looked a bit lost unless he was scrambling. It's put a rocket up Flacco's backside mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I saw several plays as I skipped through the highlights. Certainly made plays with both his arm and his feet. Elusive in the pocket too. It'll be interesting to see how the Browns manage Taylor and Mayfield.

It's nice to have football back but it's tough to get too excited about pre season imo. It's hard to know what to trust and ultimately it's about giving young, inexperienced players reps and protecting your valuable veteran starters.
All true my friend but I think Cleveland have some hope from what I saw. Watch it again, guy goes through his progressions and always keeps his eyes downfield, even when flushed out. Looked a bit rattled after some pressure but wouldn't we all? Landry looked sharp too and liked Wards swagger. I reckon at least 2 wins this year!
Old 10.08.2018, 09:18 PM
Starter

Just finished watching the Pennsylvania derby. Obviously not too much to read into it, our starters on both lines looked right on it for the brief time they were on. Dallas Goedert is going to be a player, really nice route running getting a fair way down the field for a tight end and uses his physique well.

For the Steelers, looks like they've done it again at wide-out, James Washington was bullying our second string corners with ease.
Old 11.08.2018, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Solid start for the Samchise, and good to start with a shutout win. He had happy feet in the pocket at times, but looked poised for the most part and showed good accuracy. Promising debut for Nathan Shepard too...
Old 12.08.2018, 08:00 AM
All Pro

I think it’s safe to say Paxton Lynch is done in Denver. 3 years in an he’s still showing no improvement. Chad Kelly comfortably outplayed him and should easily win the backup job. Doubt he’s got any trade value so I expect him to be cut when trimming the roster to 53.
Old 12.08.2018, 05:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Set View Post
I think it’s safe to say Paxton Lynch is done in Denver. 3 years in an he’s still showing no improvement. Chad Kelly comfortably outplayed him and should easily win the backup job. Doubt he’s got any trade value so I expect him to be cut when trimming the roster to 53.
$4.5m in dead money to make him disappear.

remember when he was drafted they said he would take a few years of constant coaching to become a pro-style QB but teams cant spend that much time these days but yet they still gambled on him in the 1st round.
Old 12.08.2018, 05:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Early days but he looked a bit lost unless he was scrambling. It's put a rocket up Flacco's backside mind.
the Ravens are stuck with Flacco this season and with $16m dead money in 2019 maybe he knows he has 2 more seasons so don't think he is that worried.

maybe the Ravens will go wild-cat and try to get the back up 1st rounder into games that way.