ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 103 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 17.05.2011, 08:20 AM
All Pro

Its taken 102 pages but the "drugs / cheats" comments have appeared! Honestly thought it wouldve been before now (see very first post....)
Anyway....awesome ride by Contador up Mt Etna the other day. He flew up the last few km's - brilliant stuff to watch. Got to be favourite now looking at the form he's showing....or is it just the drugs??.....
Old 17.05.2011, 02:46 PM
Pro Bowler

I tried to stay up for ITV4 Tour of California I really did, but I was so miffed that stage 1 had been cancelled cause of the snow & stage 2 was a watered down version, it seemed pointless.
Even though Schleck is running he's obviously not contesting, waiting for Contador in France.
HTC Columbia looked like they need to drive the train earlier, but its a new younger group.
I'm sure the more experienced team members & the technical team will whip them into shape quickly!
Old 17.05.2011, 06:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
Its taken 102 pages but the "drugs / cheats" comments have appeared! Honestly thought it wouldve been before now (see very first post....)
Anyway....awesome ride by Contador up Mt Etna the other day. He flew up the last few km's - brilliant stuff to watch. Got to be favourite now looking at the form he's showing....or is it just the drugs??.....
Really I can't believe it's taken up to 102 pages for that comment, thought it would have been earlier so thats really good.

Must be honest after Weylandt's death I have struggled to watch the rest of this tour which is a real shame, Looking forward to a fresh start with the TDF now.
Old 17.05.2011, 06:09 PM
All Pro

good sprint from Cavendish to take the stage today....
On a completely different note I found out yesterday that Ive won next months star letter prize in MBUK magazine! Got a brand new Giro Xen helmet on the way and some sunglasses....all worth about £200!! Not bad just for firing off a quick email!!!!
Old 17.05.2011, 07:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
good sprint from Cavendish to take the stage today....
On a completely different note I found out yesterday that Ive won next months star letter prize in MBUK magazine! Got a brand new Giro Xen helmet on the way and some sunglasses....all worth about £200!! Not bad just for firing off a quick email!!!!
Very nice a friend of mine won a week all paid in Orlando not so long ago so been entering lots of competitions in hope.
So be seeing whizzing around looking very cool
Old 20.05.2011, 03:28 PM
All Pro

Looking forward to the Dolomites this weekend - will Contador hold on to the pink jersey?? I reckon so......
Old 20.05.2011, 05:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Looking forward to the Dolomites this weekend - will Contador hold on to the pink jersey?? I reckon so......
I can't see anyone coming near to getting the better of him (except maybe the local beef farmer ).
Old 21.05.2011, 05:13 PM
All Pro

Good win and ride from Anton, just one question why the boos for Contador?
Old 22.05.2011, 06:42 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Warrior View Post
Good win and ride from Anton, just one question why the boos for Contador?
Dave Harmon, eurosport commentator said on his twitter page that it could be down to Contador (and the Saxobank team) being one of the main objectors to the climb of monte crostis that meant it was removed from the stage.
Old 22.05.2011, 10:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepacker View Post
Dave Harmon, eurosport commentator said on his twitter page that it could be down to Contador (and the Saxobank team) being one of the main objectors to the climb of monte crostis that meant it was removed from the stage.
I see thanks for letting me know, I must have missed that on eurosport.