how did you become packers fans - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 08.11.2012, 02:04 PM
Team Captain

Been watching since early 80s.
Don't really remember a particular game that turned me Green & Gold - more the whole history, weather and organisation of Packers.

Have spread the word and at least 1 friend when getting into NFL has chosen Packers as his team.
Favre was probably a big influence but seeing play-off games in the Wisconsin winter and hearing about the Ice Bowl etc - swung it for me

Realised a life-long dream this year and made it to Lambeau for the season openers (courtesy of best GF ever) and after doing Stadium Tour (following day) spent fortune in Pro Shop (and could've spent so much more)
Sponsored Links
Old 15.11.2012, 01:21 AM
Pro

It was a 6 month affair, I came to the NFL and the Pigskin with the Dolphins as a default choice because of Ace Ventura back in the day - I wouldn't say I supported them as such but they were who my bias were towards.

I watched all the NFL matches I could and read all the different teams info and eventually I stumbled upon the Packers - there was something about the relationship with the fans and the not for profit nature which I just felt clicked. Plus, I loved the kit too.

What cemented it was a video on YouTube with the history of the Packers - Lombardi for me made me realise that I was a Cheesehead!
Old 07.01.2013, 09:59 AM
Pro Bowler

Always have since Brett Favre days, to be honest I think it was the colour of the kit as well.
Old 08.01.2013, 12:08 PM
Pro

I grew up near RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath so always had a ton of Americans living in the same cul-de-sac as me. When I got old enough to understand the sport and enjoy it, the guy living next door to me introduced me to it properly and with him being a Cheesehead, it just kinda rubbed off on me. 20 years later, I'm a huge Packers fan and that guy is my best mate!
Old 10.01.2013, 12:22 PM
Rookie

When I was 15 back in 1998 I flicked through the tv channels late one night and came across a Pack game, can't remember who we were playing, but since watching it I was hooked on the Pack.
Old 10.01.2013, 03:59 PM
Starter

After the superbowl win in 1997... so I'm a bandwagonner, but stayed with the team this long so don't think that's the case anymore. Two players made me pick the Packers back then, one was of course Favre, the other was the Grave Digga, Gilbert Brown (beast).
Old 11.01.2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieDavis87 View Post
After the superbowl win in 1997... so I'm a bandwagonner, but stayed with the team this long so don't think that's the case anymore. Two players made me pick the Packers back then, one was of course Favre, the other was the Grave Digga, Gilbert Brown (beast).
did you know Gilbert Brown risked the long term use of his arm to play through a torn tricep in his arm one season?

if Justin Smith hears that he will have to play through it for the 49ers.
Old 11.01.2013, 03:23 PM
All Pro

I've been into nfl since it was originally broadcast on ch4, like lots of other people I never chose any particular team. Then I found myself in a sports bar in Vancouver during the 97 superbowl, there were loads of Packers fans in the bar, and I just seemed to get caught up in the atmosphere, one of the Packers fans gave me his cap and the deal was sown. I have been a Packer ever since.
Old 05.02.2013, 09:09 PM
Starter

For some reason I watched it on Channel 4 when I was about 12 in 1993. The pack caught my eye becuase I liked their uniform and I thought it was pretty cool when they jumped into the crowd after scoring a TD!!
Old 09.02.2013, 09:29 AM
Rookie

I've been a Packers fan since I was 5 years old when the Packers and the Broncos played each other in the Superbowl. I picked the Packers and my brother picked the Broncos. Although i didn't follow sports from that age and probably didn't even know who won that game for a few years, I stuck with the Packers. I'm glad i picked them though because I can't imagine rooting for another team. Amazing club and great tradition!