NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 833 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 29.06.2016, 05:03 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presley View Post
I can't remember in previous years were the different packages announced at the same time or is it like this year with the Season Plus price being announced first.
All the packages were available at once IIRC.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.06.2016, 06:15 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRambles View Post
The reason for the increase in price is, almost certainly, a result of the plummeting Pound, thanks to those who voted for Brexit.
Whilst I'm pro Remain this is just rubbish, the price went up well before the result of the referendum. i have email history of complaining about it to them dating back to June 14th.

Yes they removed the Season option and now the choice is Season Plus.

Previous years all options were available from the start.
Old 29.06.2016, 12:02 PM
Pro

Default Updated price

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrr View Post
Whilst I'm pro Remain this is just rubbish, the price went up well before the result of the referendum. i have email history of complaining about it to them dating back to June 14th.

Yes they removed the Season option and now the choice is Season Plus.

Previous years all options were available from the start.
I cannot tell exactly when it went up, but it was a couple of days before the 23rd.

However the price only changed in the UK while paying in GBP, in Europe or other regions the price remained the same even in GBP.
The UK is actually the cheapest option right now, even after they raised the price.
Through the exchange rate it is basically the same price in Euro than it was a couple of days before at 129,99 GBP.

The price in other currencies in the UK didn´t change.

My first thought was that it was a preemptive action in case the Pound lost value.
Last year the brazilian real lost a lot of value after the Gamepass price was set resulting in 20-30 Euros savings only by changing the currency.

If you go to the FAQs on the new NFL digital care site, it says Season Package and Follow your team Subscribers will be upgraded to Season Plus upon renewal.
For me this means Season Plus will be the only booking option (besides weekly which is also mentioned).

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us...omatic-Renewal

Last edited by Linusjorgensen; 29.06.2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: .
Old 29.06.2016, 02:10 PM
Pro

I emailed GP (NFL Digital Care) and sadly the Season Plus package is the only one they're doing this year. So it's £139.99 or nothing! Brexit whatever that's what you're paying if you wanna watch this year guys. Sad.
Old 29.06.2016, 02:38 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav Caygill View Post
I emailed GP (NFL Digital Care) and sadly the Season Plus package is the only one they're doing this year. So it's £139.99 or nothing! Brexit whatever that's what you're paying if you wanna watch this year guys. Sad.
I've always purchased the season pass (£99.99) then subscribe to sky sports in January so I can watch the playoff games live.

Game Pass is a great product but to be forced into paying an extra £40 seems unfair - especially as playoffs and super bowl are blacked out.

The combine and draft are streamed on NFL.com, so other than going back to watch previous games and the NFL Networks off-season coverage (Top 100 players anyone?) what am I getting for my money?

I'll still pay it though as I'm sure most existing subscribers will and they probably know that.
Old 29.06.2016, 04:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeller18 View Post
I've always purchased the season pass (£99.99) then subscribe to sky sports in January so I can watch the playoff games live.

Game Pass is a great product but to be forced into paying an extra £40 seems unfair - especially as playoffs and super bowl are blacked out.

The combine and draft are streamed on NFL.com, so other than going back to watch previous games and the NFL Networks off-season coverage (Top 100 players anyone?) what am I getting for my money?

I'll still pay it though as I'm sure most existing subscribers will and they probably know that.
Sadly you're right! No way Sky will have many Raiders games on so I can't miss this season. Good job I'm a millionaire*

*im not a millionaire, I have £6 in my bank*
Old 29.06.2016, 05:02 PM
MVP

It's still worth that for the extra content IMO.

I've always just had the season package but I'll be fine paying the extra.
Old 29.06.2016, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Damnit. I wanted to do the Season bit only as I have Sky Sports anyway, and as a Saints fan I don't get many games on TV.
Old 29.06.2016, 06:16 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeller18 View Post

It you read the FAQs, you'll notice you will still pay 99£, they will automatically upgrade you at last year's season package price.
The only thing you have to do is not to cancel the autorenewal option.
How they than charge the 2017 season will bei interesting.Up to now you got last years rate if you opted for autorenewal.

Last edited by Linusjorgensen; 29.06.2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 29.06.2016, 06:19 PM
All Pro

It says under the Automatic Renewal section of there Digital Care site:

"For NFL Game Pass Season Plus subscribers, your subscription will automatically renew giving subscribers the benefit of not having to worry about signing up for NFL Game Pass year after year. Your subscription will automatically renew in advance of the start of the next NFL season so that you can enjoy uninterrupted access to NFL Game Pass. You may opt out of auto-renewal billing at any time. All Season and FYT subscribers will be upgraded to Season Plus for the rate paid for Season or FYT, respectively."

So anyone who was on the standard Season package or a Follow Your Team package and still have auto-renewal turned on, will be getting it for the same price as they paid last year.

I wish I hadn't cancelled my auto-renewal now!

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super