Sky Week 2 Games - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 11.09.2016, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_NYGiants View Post
This is where I get annoyed as a Giants fan.....on top of the 130 paid for the Gamepass the tendency of Sky to show game several times a season means more cost. That's 2 times in three weeks I am going to have to buy a NOW tv pass to see this live
I'm getting a bit bored of these Sky threads being littered with non-Sky, Gamepass only subscribers moaning.

Surely these blackouts have been around long enough now that people know where they stand. Surely people know which teams are likely to be favoured by Sky due to success and popularity.
Sponsored Links
Old 11.09.2016, 07:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I'm getting a bit bored of these Sky threads being littered with non-Sky, Gamepass only subscribers moaning.

Surely these blackouts have been around long enough now that people know where they stand. Surely people know which teams are likely to be favoured by Sky due to success and popularity.
I agree, its a known factor before purchase. However, the last couple of years if you were a Denver or Seattle fan you would feel hard done by as there is only 3 or 4 9.15/9.25 games so these 2 teams have been chosen by Sky for that second slot most weeks due to the team's success on the field.
I'd say Sky's lack of variation of team choice would be a bigger grumble for people to have.
Old 12.09.2016, 09:40 AM
Team Captain

Quote:

And if they are desperate to see the actual game live then the now tv pass is only £6 for the odd weekend they are blacked out.
Old 12.09.2016, 10:03 AM
Pro Bowler

Sky do a great job for the main part, in picking the games that viewers want to see the most. They have a good nose for the most appealing matchups I think. If the rest of the season is half as exciting as week1, they'll be spoiled for choice every week.
Old 12.09.2016, 10:13 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Sky do a great job for the main part, in picking the games that viewers want to see the most. They have a good nose for the most appealing matchups I think. If the rest of the season is half as exciting as week1, they'll be spoiled for choice every week.
I thought they just went with the games that Nantz/Simms and Buck/Aikman were doing most weeks.
Old 12.09.2016, 10:49 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
I thought they just went with the games that Nantz/Simms and Buck/Aikman were doing most weeks.
Can't beat the US TV networks for picking the games that everyone wants to see so.
Old 12.09.2016, 11:38 AM
Starter

Quote:
The Week 3 early game is a shocker. I've defended Sky occasionally against accusations of NFC East bias as sometimes it is unavoidable due to how the games are scheduled stateside.

However in this instance, I feel that the chosen game is no higher than the 6th best choice out of the eight games in that time slot.
Agreed. I think a lot of people often overplay the accusations of NFC East bias and often the games involving the division are the best available, but not showing Vikings@Panthers in this slot is criminal.
Lions@Packers and Broncos@Bengals would have been other good picks here.
Old 12.09.2016, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan88 View Post
Hey guys take with a pinch of salt but on my Virgin TV anywhere app it lists the Sunday games as -

6pm - Bengals @ Steelers
9.25pm - Seahawks @ Rams
The TV section of this site has confirmed the early game to be correct. The later game hasn't been indicated yet. Maybe they are waiting for the Rams to play tonight before making the announcement?
Old 12.09.2016, 01:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul II View Post
Confirmed NFC East hater here. That week three confirms everything I have said in the last and completely destroys the arguement directed back, that Sky shouldn't be showing the poor teams. "Fans" want to see the best teams.

Eagles will be in the race for the first pick, even tho they don't have it. I don't actually have as much against the first game as they are the two teams who will be battling to win arguably the worst division in football, still. As Pavlov says tho, there are many games that look much better. It can only be a bias to the worst division in football, as all the previous arguments on how good the four team are are completely without merit over the last few years.

The week 1 NFC East selection one is tragic.
Well eagles are 1-0, while your cardinals are 0-1, so quit whining
Old 12.09.2016, 05:26 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
And if they are desperate to see the actual game live then the now tv pass is only £6 for the odd weekend they are blacked out.
that can stack up fast.

while i agree with PavlovsDog about this not being the place to say about the blackouts as its a known, the cost is an issue.

this season GP became £40 more expensive, while great for those without Sky, those with it probably werent fans.

GP on its own is a good product and if NFL is the only sport you love then its well worth it. if you have Sky its a costly extra, i've felt that the best option for all is to remove all blackouts but offer GP free or cheaper to those with Sky, everyone wins but i dont see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac95 View Post
Well eagles are 1-0, while your cardinals are 0-1, so quit whining
although you beat the Browns and they lost to the Pats on a bad snap/hold.