Old 15.09.2016, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default Week 2. Cowboys @ Redskins.

Game thread.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 15.09.2016, 04:26 PM
Team Captain

Really need to improve in the redzone and after Breelands showing against the steelers hopefully we can target him. Need to start throwing to Dez more even if that means him playing some in the slot, one broken tackle tackle and he is away.

Jackson looked good though and his speed could really hurt us.

Cowboys 24 redskins 21

Dan Bailey wins it.
Old 15.09.2016, 04:38 PM
Hall of Fame

The problem is as the field shortens it gets more difficult to pick up yards. When teams sell out to stop the run they leave space in behind at times, when you reach the RedZone though the back of the endzone becomes the defences best friend.

We need to create more pressure up the middle against the Redskins, and I think we will. Get Cousins off his spot and don't let him step up into his throws and beat us deep (or roll out towards Reed/Jackson). The thing that worries me is if we start sending LB's on the blitz and Reed and Crowder pick us apart underneath.

More ball control offence will be the order of the day. I think the ground game is more dominant this week.

24-20 Redskins (I know, Mr Negativity! )

............oh go on then, the Cowboys hold on at the end of the game to win 20-17.
Old 15.09.2016, 04:49 PM
Team Captain

Cowboys 16-27 Reskins

Same problems as in the first game (unless we can run the ball), move the ball, kick field goals, don't throw to Dez.
Old 15.09.2016, 05:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan1971 View Post
Cowboys 16-27 Reskins

Same problems as in the first game (unless we can run the ball), move the ball, kick field goals, don't throw to Dez.
I do wonder if they see more value in the 'threat' of Dez rather than his actual production. If teams want to devote double coverage, or at least shade a safety his way, then they'll just run it or check it down to Written or Bearley. They aren't going to try to manufacture touches for him if there are easier/safer options.
Old 15.09.2016, 08:09 PM
All Pro

I know i go on about Dunbar, but we need to show the Redskins something different on offense, or they will close the box on Elliott and give up the short dinks to Witten just like the Giants, its ok dinkin and dunkin/control the clock/keep the D off the field but points on the board is all that counts.Good thing is the Redskins SHOULDNT tear us up on the run....oh and Dunbar-1 catch for 17-get him involved!
Old 15.09.2016, 08:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
I know i go on about Dunbar, but we need to show the Redskins something different on offense, or they will close the box on Elliott and give up the short dinks to Witten just like the Giants, its ok dinkin and dunkin/control the clock/keep the D off the field but points on the board is all that counts.Good thing is the Redskins SHOULDNT tear us up on the run....oh and Dunbar-1 catch for 17-get him involved!
Dunbar is another one of those players that they say they have a plan for...........yet it fails to materialise. I found it strange when they resigned him for another year, just one year, coming off a major injury. I thought the initial diagnosis for his return was mid season, clearly he was ahead of schedule, but it'll take time for him to get up to speed. Like you say, he brings something different, but if you don't get him involved, or he isn't ready to be involved, then why keep him around (and draft a RB in the 6th round too).

As long as it's a close game Linehan won't have to (or want to) open up the playbook. It would be great to see Dez put one over Norman though.
Old 15.09.2016, 08:48 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Dunbar is another one of those players that they say they have a plan for...........yet it fails to materialise. I found it strange when they resigned him for another year, just one year, coming off a major injury. I thought the initial diagnosis for his return was mid season, clearly he was ahead of schedule, but it'll take time for him to get up to speed. Like you say, he brings something different, but if you don't get him involved, or he isn't ready to be involved, then why keep him around (and draft a RB in the 6th round too).

As long as it's a close game Linehan won't have to (or want to) open up the playbook. It would be great to see Dez put one over Norman though.

when a Revis or a Sherman make an error people seem to recall it, yet people seem to forget about Norman not being perfect.

acting like he would of just handled Brown and also ignoring that Breeland is pretty decent.

Dez had issues with Jenkins last week, so it will be interesting to see if they change it up and put Norman on the best guy.

(if they dont up him on Dez but then do put him on Beckham, that would be a tad questionable given there issues, i just hope both sides are smart and they avoid each other.)
Old 15.09.2016, 09:19 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
when a Revis or a Sherman make an error people seem to recall it, yet people seem to forget about Norman not being perfect.

acting like he would of just handled Brown and also ignoring that Breeland is pretty decent.

Dez had issues with Jenkins last week, so it will be interesting to see if they change it up and put Norman on the best guy.

(if they dont up him on Dez but then do put him on Beckham, that would be a tad questionable given there issues, i just hope both sides are smart and they avoid each other.)
I can't see them leaving Norman on T.Williams. Tbh putting Norman on Dez would probably bring the best out of both of them, Dez sometimes needs someone to light a fire under him otherwise he just gets frustrated.

Quite the start to the season for Norman - Brown, Bryant, Beckham.....Terrel Pryo
Old 16.09.2016, 09:40 AM
MVP

Norman doesn't follow the top receivers around the field though. He sticks to his side, and thats that. I see Dez heading to Breeland's side all day long, and why wouldn't you.

We need to stretch the field a lot more this week, I want to see more of Dak from preseason than Dak from Week 1 (I'd even take an interception if it meant we opened up the game more). This short stuff is great for my fantasy team with Mr Automatic kicking everything he touches but I'd rather we got TDs and won games.

I'm going Cowboys 24 Redskins 17 (as long as we dont follow last weeks gameplan).