New To College Football - Page 59 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 20.02.2016, 11:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-TS10 View Post
Most of our time will be spent around Florida, (Orlando, Miami, Tampa) but we will be traveling around a bit. Out of all the places we will likely be going I think FSU would be my first choice.
You have the UCF in Orlando and USF in Tampa.
Sponsored Links
Old 20.02.2016, 02:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmoor Falcon View Post
You have the UCF in Orlando and USF in Tampa.
USF in particular should be easy to get tickets for, ditto Miami. As a general rule, the city college teams who play in NFL stadiums (also: Pitt, SD State, Temple, Georgia State) don't tend to sell out their games or even close.
Old 20.02.2016, 02:13 PM
Rookie

Thanks again guys I'll look into all of this.
Old 21.02.2016, 11:26 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-TS10 View Post
So I am back again with more questions (I do apologise I am an absolute newcomer to CFB)

Cheers in advance guys sorry I'm flinging out so many questions.
The guys are on here are really helpful.I started watching college games last year and got loads of tips and advice which made watching alot easier for a newcomer.

I supported 2 of the big teams last year and need to decide whether to stick with one of them or try a new team. Someone also suggested following a smaller team which play midweek so I also followed Ohio Bobcats in the MAC last yr and will be following them again.
Old 09.09.2016, 07:10 PM
Rookie

Default Inside College Football Magazine

Did you know that there is a free 'Inside College Football' magazine for UK, Ireland & European gridiron fans - perfect for those who want to learn more about the game, its key rule differences, the teams and players to keep watch, scouting reports and game analysis as well as the build up to each weekend's fixtures and TV listings for the UK.

Sign up for the best of the colour, pageantry, colour and tradition of America's most popular sport, free direct to your inbox each and every Friday morning.

Simply head to: www.ukdraftguide.com and sign up today!

Matthew J Phillips
Founder, Lead Scout
40 Yards Scouting (UK)
www.ukdraftguide.com
@mattphillips78
Old 01.10.2016, 11:05 PM
Team Captain

Been following Texas A&M last year and this but also this year started following Georgia. They seem to be in desperate need of receivers to help that young QB Eason especially last week. My question is how do they address this? Is recruiting from high school the only way or can they for want of a better phrase 'tap up' players who may not be getting playing time at other colleges? Is there a system for this.
Old 01.10.2016, 11:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
Been following Texas A&M last year and this but also this year started following Georgia. They seem to be in desperate need of receivers to help that young QB Eason especially last week. My question is how do they address this? Is recruiting from high school the only way or can they for want of a better phrase 'tap up' players who may not be getting playing time at other colleges? Is there a system for this.
They can get transfers but they shouldn't need to Georgia is a recruiting hub because Atlanta has a large african american community I always feel racist pointing this out but it's true they should be able to recruit skill positions from the local area it's just bad recruiting they don't.
Old 17.11.2016, 09:38 AM
Starter

I'm not new to college football but new-ish to this forum. College Football is great!!!!
Old 17.11.2016, 10:56 AM
Rookie

Has anyone ever ordered NCAA jerseys before? Really want a Michigan jersey but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying two sizes. Are the US and UK sizes the same? Any help would be grand.
Old 17.11.2016, 11:10 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicks91 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered NCAA jerseys before? Really want a Michigan jersey but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying two sizes. Are the US and UK sizes the same? Any help would be grand.
US sizes are always bigger than UK. Most sites have a size chart that will help you find about your size.